Chapter 3

My little brother groaned in frustration the moment I laid down the pencil. I turned to look at him, seeing the seven year old throw his head on the desk. His chestnut colored hair covered his face, so he could hide his frustration.

"Why does history have to be so hard!" Ollie moaned as he shook his head.

I smiled as I stood up from the exercise ball I had rolled in from my own room. It was the best thing I could use to sit on when I was in his room. His room wasn't very big. All it could fit was his bed, a small desk that he had already outgrown, and a bookshelf filled with his favorite comics and action figures. He was very lucky that he could have a bookshelf in his room due to the built-in closet, but one of these days, he was going to need something bigger.

"It's okay," I told Ollie. "You'll understand it eventually."

Ollie lifted his head, showing me his eyes that reminded me of hot chocolate. They were the only feature that could give anyone a hint that we were related.

"How about we try a different approach," I told him as I turned around, making sure the big red exercise ball stayed where it was at before I walked over to the bookshelf, taking a look at it. On it, I looked for one of Ollie's favorite heroes before plucking off a small figurine of a man in a one piece suit.

His name was Mr. Elastic, Number Two Hero. Ollie wasn't a fan of Number One Hero because he didn't think that it was fair that the Number One Hero wouldn't share what his Quirk was and was very secretive about it. My brother could ramble on for hours as to why that wasn't fair. Mr. Elastic was different. He was more open to people, not being secretive about anything. In addition to that, my brother loved his Quirk, which was Stretch. This Quirk just so happened to be a very similar to one of the very first heroes in America.

While Ollie was born here in Japan, he still had to learn about the first heroes in America at the age of seven. It was in America that heroes emerged for the first time, taking out bad guys and making the world a safer place.

I looked at the hero for a moment, trying to grasp every detail of the hero before I closed my eyes and let my body shift into his form. My skin lightened slightly as I felt my bones stretching and my muscles lengthening. It wasn't painful as it happened, but it felt as if I was experiencing a growth spurt happening all at once.

By the time I was done changing into Mr. Elastic, I opened my eyes and looked back at Ollie. His eyes widened in excitement as he knew what kind of lesson he was going to get.

"Imagine a time where there were no heroes, not even the great Mr. Elastic. Yet mass chaos spread across the world, creeping in the dark," I told him as I squatted towards the ground and crawled towards him. Ollie giggled at my actions, but at least I knew he was learning the material better. "It was a very dark time, and yet, these vigilantes--when no one was looking--they would come out and attack people without a second thought!"

At the word attack, I sprung from behind him and tickled his sides. Ollie laughed as he couldn't handle my fingers grabbing his sides and moving in a direction where he could hardly breathe. After he snorted from how hard he was laughing, I stopped and dropped my hands to my sides.

"It was then that the government realized something needed to be done. Quirks were all over the place that they decided to choose seven people," I looked down at his book, realizing that was an important detail that he'd have to know for a future test. No one really knew why it was seven, but knowing Ollie, he'd probably forget it. I leaned in, cupping my hand around my mouth as I whispered in his ear. "They won't tell you this in school, but they chose to have seven heroes so that they'd have one for every day of the week."