Extras #3

Hello everyone! I'm not here for an update, but I do have some new content. As some of you may have heard, I plan on expanding I'm No Hero into an independent series, where each book will concentrate on a different student (Tami, Kaito, Sakura, and Raiden). Each book should be able to be read on its own, but if you start on a latter one, you might get spoilers of a previous book. This is the plan at least. Whether I get to writing and finishing all of them is a whole other story, but again, that's the goal.

To help get myself in the mindset of that, I started writing little snippets or came up with mini stories for a different character's POV. Most, I'm not sharing as they're not good, and one I plan on expanding into a one shot later down the road. There is one snippet that I did write that I wanted to somehow incorporate in this book, but it was cut out due to the fact it was written after the part had been published and the fact that is was in a different POV. While I personally don't mind reading stories that switched up POV, this one would've really seemed awkward.

So, my solution is that I share it here as an extra. I hope you all enjoy as it may help what was going on while Tami was...away from her friends.

Raiden's Reaction and Realization

Spoiler Tag: Chapters 20 & 26

Takes Place: End of Chapter 20

~*~*~*~

The moment Luz got off the phone, I sighed. I get it. Luz was super close to me in age, but she always had to call at the worst of times. Sure, Hatsuko, Dad, and Mom were busy here at the festival. That left her with six siblings to call, but knowing our older brothers and sisters, they were either too busy with their own families or other stuff.

I was never really busy for her to bug me. Except, now, of all times, was not the time to be calling.

"Sorry about that," I apologized as I looked over at Smith. My eyes widened, noticing the small blonde was missing. For a moment, I thought she might have gotten up to get more beef skewers to eat, but I saw a tray with a single chunk of beef on a stick. That had to have been hers.

Where did Tami Smith go? My heart started to pound as I looked around, trying to see if I could see her, but she was nowhere. Maybe she was as she could have used her Quirk to turn into someone, but that was for self defense. I knew she only used that for self-defense. If she didn't, then the incident at the mall would have been very different.

The mall. Fuck. Why didn't I realize it sooner? Tami was easily spooked. It might not sound like hero material, but it was probably because she was thinking of others. If she was a person of interest, then she would've probably ran rather than ask for help.

I knew I should have never told her that it was a good idea to run away from her problems that day at the mall, I thought to myself.

No, she was smarter than that. She wouldn't have—

...but she was also in full blown panic mode, caused by that damn scam artist. I shouldn't have blown her off for my sister, but Luz had similar anxiety attacks. The only way to get her out of them was to talk some sense into her. If she said the world was going to end, I had to remind her that she could breathe and see tomorrow if she stopped. I thought Tami was the same way.

Apparently not.

I started pushing my way through the thick crowd, as I my thumb flipped through my contacts until I saw Katio's number on there. Without a second thought, I pressed it, hearing the endless rings as I keep pushing my way through.