Chapter 4

I stared down at the food in front of me as I thought about everything that had happened in the last twenty-four hours.

I was going to U.A. I had actually made it into U.A. High. This wasn't what was supposed to happen. It felt as if I was cheating someone of their spot at the new hero school. Someone out there wasn't going to have their chance on doing what they actually wanted to do all because I was going to go there. There was no way out of it either.

How could I break my family's heart when it was my brother's favorite hero who broke the news to us? For my mom, she moved here to Japan just so I could get a better education for my Quirk. For Ollie, he looked up to me just like he did with heroes. If that wasn't enough, I could possibly be taught by his favorite hero, Mr. Elastic.

The odds of that happening though was pretty slim as I was certain there were other teachers teaching as well.

"Are you going to eat that or not?" my friend, Sakura, asked.

I looked up, seeing Sakura in her leather jacket and green shirt underneath. Her long black hair was pulled up in a high ponytail, showing off her emerald eyes. She looked concerned as she knitted her eyebrows together, staring at me as if something was wrong with me.

Sakura wasn't wrong about that. After she found out that I had made it into 1-A as well, she dragged me over to the mall to celebrate. I didn't tell her being a hero wasn't something I wanted. If I did, she would be crushed as she planned on working together as heroes. I wasn't sure how our Quirks would work well together, but I've learned not to question her a long time ago.

"No," I said, pushing my tray of chicken nuggets closer to her. "You can have them if you want."

My friend looked down. Her eyes went from her bowl of noodles, to my chicken, to me, back to her noodles again. Before she could get her words out, I knew exactly what she was going to say.

"It's not the same chicken Mom makes at home," I somewhat lied. "Besides, I'm not that hungry."

It wasn't like me to lie, not even a little bit, but I felt as if I didn't have a choice. I didn't want to disappoint Sakura. She had always been there for me, from the second I moved here to Japan, to now. If it wasn't for her, I probably would've had a harder time fitting in.

Then again, I still ate American food rather than Japanese food. Something about it was just too bland or too spicy. I'd eat it if I had to, but I'd rather choose something simple, like chicken nuggets.

"Okay," Sakura finally said, not sounding too convinced before pushing the conversation behind her. "In that case, let's get back to some shopping! We need to be the most stylish students at U.A!"

I hated to be the one to stop Sakura's excitement as she punched her fist into the air and smiled with excitement, but I didn't have much of a choice. Either I told her, or she found out the hard way. It was common knowledge anyways.

"You do realize that there's going to be a uniform, right?" I asked.

Her excitement disappeared within a second as her arms and smile dropped. That was Sakura for you. She could easily forget some of the simplest of things. We've been going to school for years that she should've realized. Her disappointment only lasted a moment as she shook her head and swung her fist down on the cafeteria table, nearly shaking the entire table. I jumped, almost feeling everyone's eyes snapping over towards us.

"No need to worry! We can still choose our accessories and shoes, can't we?" Sakura argued.

I shook my head. "Not really," I told her. "There's a strict policy in the handbook."