Chapter 19

Crystal-Gazers Fortunes.

That was what was written on a wooden sign standing just outside the beaded tent. After seeing the woman dressed the way she was, and how the beads hung from the top of the tent, it all made sense. Anything else would have been weird.

"A fortune teller, huh?" Kaito wondered out loud. "Do you think she could tell us about how well we'll do as heroes?"

"Obviously," Sakura answered.

"You'd really want to waste your money on that?" Raiden questioned. "All fortune tellers are scams. It'd be a waste of time."

Instead of saying anything, I looked back at the crowd, seeing if I couldn't find the green haired man. It was strange what he said to me when we met up, almost as if he was warning me about something. True, I could have been reading too much into it, but the fact that he was at this fortune teller's tent, well, I wasn't so sure about it anymore.

"Doesn't hurt to give it a visit, right?" I asked before looking over at my three friends.

Kaito and Sakura smiled, clearly in favor of the idea. Furthest away from me was Raiden. He didn't look very happy about going in. Instead, he just looked at the tent in front of us, shaking his head in disagreement.

Someone's hand wrapped around my wrist causing me to jump and snap my head to the the person standing in front of me. My eyes widened as I saw the woman in odd clothing standing in front of me. Her eyes were covered by a pair of dark, circular glasses.

"Tami," she said, before she turned her head, looking over at my friends, "Sakura, Kaito, Raiden. I've been expecting you."

"Shit," I heard Raiden curse under his breath as the woman pulled me inside. The beads slid past me, revealing a much larger room on the inside. Seeing everything, I felt my heart pounding faster.

She really was expecting us, I thought as I saw a round table with five wooden chairs sitting around it with a small white teacup sitting in front of each chair. In the middle was a crystal ball, and a stack of cards sitting beside one of the teacups.

The woman, who had grabbed my wrists earlier, let go as she walked over to the chair with the cards sitting in front of it. I looked back, noticing that Raiden, Kaito, and Sakura had followed us inside, looking around the room. Curtains hung up everywhere, with candles lit sitting on the smaller tables around the room to give it light.

One thing caught my eye though. On one of the shorter walls was a chest that was just as long as the wall. A part of me was curious as I wanted to know what was inside, but I was stopped before I could even walk over there.

"Children, have a seat. I'm sure you all have questions for me, so I'll make you all a deal. As my treat, I'll do a crystal ball reading for free. If you want more, well, we'll discuss that later," the fortune teller told us.

"Don't believe a word she says," I heard Raiden whisper. I turned my head, noticing he was standing to my right, lowering his head, so that I could hear him. "Something's not right here."

Kaito must've overheard as he slapped his hand on Raiden's back and pushed him towards a chair. "Relax a little. This will be fun."

Sakura scurried over to the chair closest to the fortune teller, clearly in awe of everything. I watched as she was talking to the fortune teller, probably talking about her outfit or something. Meanwhile, Raiden purposefully took the seat next to Sakura, but pulled it as far as he could from the fortune teller.

The only chair open was the one to the other side of the fortune teller. This was my idea, but I didn't think I would be the one sitting next to her. Seeing that chair, I started realizing how right Raiden was. Not that she could be a phony, but that this was a bad idea.