Chapter 22

Goro and Nightshade both walked beside me until we came into a dark room. My heart started pounding as I realized the only light that came into the room was from a huge fireplace that was on the far wall. Facing it was a black couch where a man with long hair leaned back. His fingers pulled away from his mouth, revealing a thick cigar. Smoke exhaled from his mouth as the man just sat there.

I didn't get a good look at him as I turned my head, looking at everything in the room. Famous paintings hung on the wall, but they were all too dark, like the wallpaper that was used. To my right, there was a large desk with papers scattered across from it while a computer sat in the middle.

This room was much different than the childish room I was in, making me worried about what would happen in here. Even as I looked down, I noticed the dark mahogany floors seemed to show no evidence of any criminal acts as they were spotless.

"Boss, we have the girl," Goro said, clearing his throat. My head snapped up, worried what the man with the long hair would do, but he just sat there, twirling his cigar in his fingers. "She's a current student at U.A., and we think she's the shapeshifter you've been curious about."

Curious about? My eyes widened as I looked up at the man. Why would anyone be interested in my Quirk? It wasn't like they could get any use out of it. I wouldn't allow it! There was much more to a person than just looking like them.

Unless...what if the people who forgot their Quirks didn't actually forget them. What if they were stolen and given to someone else? Then what? What would happen to me then? I bit my lip as I started to overthink.

Could this be the end?

"What's your name?" a low voice asked.

At first, I didn't answer him. I didn't want to answer him. There was no way. That was until Nightshade slid her hand on my shoulder before lowering her head towards mine. She was still standing beside me, but it wouldn't take much for her to swoop in and knock me out.

"T-T-T-Tami," I shook, leaning away from Nightshade.

The cigar fell out of the man's hand. I snapped my head to look at what was going on. He pressed his hands onto the couch and stood up, still keeping his back towards us.

"Last name?" the man asked.

"Smith," I whispered, afraid that Nightshade would lean in closer or the man to my right would use his Quirk to make me into a human meatball.

Oddly enough, Nightshade pulled away from me as her pink eyes widened. "I was right?"

What did she mean? As much as I was afraid to ask, I still couldn't, not when the pink haired woman started jumping up and down, clapping her hands.

She might have looked as if she was in her late twenties, early thirties, but she was more immature than Ollie. I wanted to shield my hands in front of me in case she would get too excited and try something on me, but my arms were still connected by that goo behind my back.

"I was right!" Nightshade squealed again as she stopped and looked at me. I tried leaning away, but she was quicker. She grabbed my shoulders and continued to jump up and down. "Oh! This is so exciting! I can't wait for—"

"Stop it, Nii," the man in front of us said. My head snapped back over to him, noticing he didn't move a muscle from the time he stood to now. "Nii, Goro, please, leave me and Ms. Smith alone for a bit."

"Of course, boss," Goro said, letting go my arm. I looked back at him, noticing that his arms were growing a bit. As they did, the goo that had wrapped around my own was slowly disappearing.