Chapter 37

Warning: this chapter may be a bit too graphic for sensitive readers as it contains blood. Please, tread with caution.

~*~*~*~

It was probably too much wishful thinking that everything would be calm when Kaito and I walked on top of the rooftop. Things were in absolute chaos when we stepped outside, but they weren't as bad as I thought they would've been.

On one side, I noticed Sakura using her Quirk to wrap it around Nightshade while her other vine whipped around to distract Goro at the best of her abilities. Even though I couldn't see her face, I could tell she was struggling as her muscles shook and heard her sneezing every few seconds.

While she Sakura was trying to pull both of them away, I noticed Raiden yanking as much goo off of my little brother as hard as he could. There was just one problem. Even though Goro had a vine wrapped around his ankle, pulling him away from Raiden and Ollie, he was still controlling it to roll back on top of Ollie. Raiden had to use his Quirk, causing his muscles to expand twice as big as usual, just to keep Ollie from submerging under the goo.

"I'll take care of Pinkie over there," Kaito said. "You go to your brother."

Before I could warn him how bad of an idea that was as his Light Quirk would've been perfect to melt the goo off, Kaito had already sprung up to his feet and ran towards Sakura. I watched as he talked to her and shot beams of light out of his hands at Goro, forcing him to slow down when using his Quirk on Ollie.

There was nothing I could do. My right arm throbbed, while I could feel my left arm burn. I was cut in both arms, and feeling the cool wind blowing around, I started to realize how much in pain I was. It would've been easy to just break down right there, but I forced those tears in. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. I had to for Ollie.

When I looked over at my little brother, I could see how worried he was. Raiden was too concentrated on pulling the goo off of him to even notice. It didn't matter how much my arms were burning, I sprinted over to them, kneeling down beside Ollie. His eyes squeezed shut as he bit his bottom lip. It must've all been too painful for him.

"Ollie, Ollie, look over here," I told him as I placed threaded my fingers through his chestnut colored hair. He turned his head towards me, but he kept his eyes closed, letting the tears run down his face. I took my hand from his head and pressed it under his eyes, wiping the tears away. "Hey, can you remind me of all the heroes you like?"

Raiden snapped his head at me, his jaw dropping for a moment. I took a second to tear my gaze away from my brother and gave Raiden a look that he shouldn't stop what he was doing. That was all it took for him to snap his head back and go back to ripping off chunks of goo, tossing it back to Goro.

With him concentrated on what he needed to do, I looked back at my little brother. I drew in a deep breath, hoping this would work. Usually, the last thing I needed when I went into a frenzy was someone to distract me, but that wasn't the case for Ollie. He needed something else to think about, so he wasn't so focused on the pain. The only thing I could think about was how much he loved talking about heroes. If I could get him distracted by talking to him about all his favorite heroes, then he might not be in so much pain.

"Power Girl," he cried. "I-I like that she seems nice."

"She is pretty nice, isn't she?" I agreed as I dropped my hands to my legs. "You know, she's actually the hero who saved me. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been back home earlier."

"You did? What was she like? Is she really strong and as tall as she looks on t.v.?" my brother asked.

Without looking over, I could feel Raiden's eyes staring at me, almost curious what I would have to say about his sister. I didn't pay him any attention as I saw his hands ripping off pieces of goo. Ollie would wince, but at least he wasn't in as much pain as he was before. He couldn't have as his eyes widened with excitement the moment I told him about Power Girl.