It Is What It is Chapter 16

Thank You so much for reading! This is my first Larry fanfiction that I've ever published on Wattpad and it means so much to me that people enjoy reading it!

**********

Previously

**********

Its then I realize, Harry styles has a lot of secrets, a lot of demons and I'm probably going to end up with a broken heart. But I want to be there for him, and I will. If only I understood the power my words held as I quietly agreed to them.

If only I had truly known what I was getting myself into......................

**********

Harry's POV

**********

Louis and I walk hand in hand to the flat, it's only a 20 minute walk and I almost wish it took longer, just so I could spend more time holding Louis' hand.

His hand is so small compared to mind. And My large hand engulfing his in almost a protective manner.

We make it inside the apartment and I leave Louis in the living room with the television on so I can go have a shower. 

Louis POV

**********

I'm sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for Harry who is in the shower. I'm trying not to think about the fact that Harry is naked only 2 rooms away.

I look around the small living room. It's hard to believe that 5 people live in such a small flat. All there is, is a small kitchen which connects to this living room and 2 bedrooms. Where do they all sleep?

I've been inside Harry's room and the bathroom before and here obviously! But I don't know what the other rooms looked like. Granted less than 2 days ago I hadn't even met Harry or any of Liam's other friends. Its funny how 2 days can feel like a lifetime.

Something catches my attention from across the room. It's a small red Picture frame sitting on top of the fire place. I lean over to get a better look.

There's a photo. A photo of two people. Two women.

I carefully take the picture down from the top of the fireplace so I can get a closer look. There's something drawing me into this photo that I just can't put my finger on.

The older of the two cropped wavy hair and chocolate brown eyes. She was smiling sweetly at the camera. The second girl looked about Harry's age. She had straight brown hair and emerald green eyes—wait. I know those eyes. 

Harry?

"Enjoying yourself?" I jump back into the chair.

I look up and see Zayn standing there with a less than friendly look on his face. "Uh! Hi!" I stutter

"Don't tell Harry you saw that" Zayn says in a low voice 

"Why? It's just a picture" 

"Do you know who the people in the picture are?" Zayn ask curiously but an edge still evident in his voice. 

"No, why?" 

"That's his mum and sister" he says and I can tell he is trying to pick the right words. 

"Harry said he hadn't seen them since he was 15" 

Zayn looked at me surprised "You brought up his family and he's still your friend?
I don't like the tone of voice he's using, like he's surprised Harry hadn't gotten rid of me yet.

"Yes. Why what happened with him and his mum and sister? Did they fight? " I'm getting frustrated by how smug he is.

"Louis, Harry's mum and sister, are dead" Zayn says looking at me with an unreadable expression on his face. 

"What" I say. I feel like all the wind had been knocked out of me 

Poor, poor Harry.

I hear a door close and both me and Zayn jump at the sudden noise.
"Don't tell him you heard that from me"
Zayn warned

"Why should I?" I say raising an eyebrow,

He doesn't have time to answer because the hall door is opening and Harry is emerging with damp Hair.

I quickly put the frame back on top of the fireplace where I found it.

"You are never going to be a friend to Harry, he doesn't let people in that easily" Zayn whispers as Harry is putting on his shoes.

"Yeah great friend you are, I bet your so generous you just let him top whenever he wants huh?" I sass

"You definitely got a keeper there Styles" Zayn scowls

"Ready Louis?" Harry asks with a smile ignoring Zayn's comment

I try my best to smile back but my stomach is churning at the thought that Harry has absolutely no family and can still manage to get up every morning. I don't think I'd be able to be that strong.

"Yep" I say popping the p on the end
Harry grins and grabs my hand.

I send Zayn a glare as I close the door behind me.

I don't care what Zayn or anyone else says, thinks or does. I am going to be there for Harry Styles even if it kills me.