It Is What It Is Chapter 39

A/N Sorry this update took so long! I've been pretty snowed under with school work 😔 But updates should be more consistent from now on and the next chapter should be up on Wednesday. Thank you so much for reading and being so patient 😊💙💚

*Previously*

***********

Louis' POV

***********

"I love you too"

"Wait, What, seriously?" I say in shock.

"Yeah" Harry says with a grin, mimicking me.

"Your not joking?" I hold my breath, hoping that it isn't.

"Not a joke love" harry says with a giggle.

He crouches down next to me and brushes my fringe away from my eyes. He looks at me with questioning eyes and mine silently agree.

We both lean in, and I can almost feel his lips against mine, but suddenly he's pulling away and looking at me with sad eyes.

"No, we can't do this" Harry whispers. A single tear running down his cheek.

"I can't do this"

**********

Louis' POV

***********

What do u mean, you can't do this, You can't do what? I ask fiercely.

"I'm sorry. I just can't this" He gestures between us both "us " Harry mumbles. He's trying to shut down again. But this time I won't let him

"No. You listen to me Harry Edward Styles. You are being selfish" I say, folding my arms over my chest in a fierce manner.

Harry looks at me in shock. I'm never that direct, not with him. He looks to the ground in guilt, refusing to meet my eyes.

I look him straight in the eyes and what I see behind them is a storm. I take a deep breath before continuing, "You are being selfish and only thinking of yourself and what you want. But there are two of us here Harry. This involves BOTH of us, You and me. And when something involves me I want to know what happening I don't like not knowing, I don't like being left in the dark and I don't think I deserve to be either. Each and every time something happened I was there for you, I was by your side and I never said a word when you asked me not to. I stood by you because I loved you and I wanted to make you happy. I still love you. But now I'm not going to allow you to keep important things from me just because you don't want to hurt me, and don't try and deny that that's the reason because I heard you and Zayn talking. He feels awful you know. He feels powerless and unimportant because you won't let him in, and he's too much of a coward to stand up to you. But not me. I will sit here for an eternity until you explain everything, and if you don't? Well then I can't be with someone who is not honest and open with me. I can't be with someone who won't communicate their feelings. Now Harry, I'm giving you the chance to tell me everything. I mean it. Everything. And I'm gonna sit here and I'm gonna listen to what you have to say. Your friends may be Okay with standing by while you suffer but I am not. If you love me like you say you will be honest with me and I will be honest with you. And if you don't, I will walk away right now and never contact you again because you obviously don't trust me enough to be honest with me, and i can't be with someone who doesn't trust me.  It's up to You. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere as long as you want me to stay here" I breath out heavily, scared of what Harry's answer may be. I see Him looking at me with tear filled eyes.

"OK" Harry says after a brief moment of silence "OK, I'll tell you, but you should probably sit down"