It Is What It Is Chapter 19

⚠ WARNING ⚠

MENTIONS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF SELF HARM.

   !DO NOT READ IF TRIGGERED!

**********

"Hi Lou" Harry's voice I'd even deeper than normal with a gravelly edge to it. I won't lie and say I don't find it totally sexy.

As usual my heart starts beating fast and butterflies erupt in the bottom of my stomach. After a week of not seeing Harry and worrying where he was, my feelings have only grown more, so much so I'm scared shitless that I'm going to fall for him. 

He looks very uncomfortable with my presence. I look down and see he's sitting kind of slanted. Like he's in pain. Zayn walks over to him and pulls him up into a comfortable sitting position. He winces in pain, but tries to cover it up with a cough.

"Harry what happened" I ask urgently. "I'm fine, everything is f----" Harry is cut off by an angry Zayn who is not having any of his bullshit.

"Harry Edward Styles don't you dare try and Worm your way out of this. I think Louis of all people need a valid explanation for what happened. We made a deal styles and if you don't tell him I will" Zayn threatens.

"What deal?" I ask confused. Harry gives Zayn a look that could knock anyone dead before turning to me and saying "I just had a little accident and I had to go to hospital, I told Zayn not to tell anyone because it was no big deal" Harry says carefully.

Zayn looks just about ready to self implode as he yells "NO BIG DEAL! IF YOU THINK THAT YOU NEARLY DYING WAS "NOT A BIG DEAL" THEN I WILL PHYSICALLY DRAG YOU BACK TO THAT HOSPITAL MYSELF FOR A FUCKING BRAIN SCAN" Harry looks down guilty, meanwhile I'm trying to process all this new information.

Harry nearly died?

Zayn knew where Harry was the whole time and never told anyone? That bastard!

"Now tell him the god damn truth or bloody hell Styles your gonna need more then the stitches they gave you" the look in Zayn's eyes is one that not even Harry wants to mess with.

Harry sighs before saying, "I got drunk and then—" Harry's voice breaks. He covers his face in his hands. He looks so broken. So ready to just give up.

"He cut himself until he almost bled out" Zayn finishes for him.

"You tried to kill yourself?" I whisper.

"Not intentionally. The doctors said if he were really trying to kill himself, he would have cut vertically because they can always stitch the horizontal ones, and by the amount of previous scarring he were definitely experienced enough to know that" Zayn says, his previous anger completely disappeared.

Harry's face is expressionless. Zayn and him share a look, that to most people would seem insignificant, but I saw the heavy meaning behind it. I see the way their eyes never left each other's in that split second. The way their eyes seemed to speak novels, how words weren't even needed. It's a beautiful thing to witness, two people who have that close of a bond with one another. It's like they are the only people in the room when they look at each other.

Oh how I wish it was me Harry was looking at with such love and intensity.

"I wasn't trying to die" Harry whispered his eyes still on Zayn.

"You were just trying to take away the pain" I say in a low voice.