The Development Of Toru Hagakure's Quirk

○~○~○

"I don't remember what I look like before my quirk manifested, but my parents say I had brown skin, like my dad's, and curly black hair. My eyes were a soft emerald green which must have been from mom, with aqua blue flecks.

I don't know if they're right, we never took any pictures of me, but they say that I was almost a hearthrob.

When my quirk manifested, it all changed overnight.

Literally.

I went to bed after a long Monday in kindergarten, but when I woke up, Dad had screamed.

Mom had come rushing in to see what the commotion was about, and started crying.

Sitting up and climbing out if bed, while my mother sobbed, and my father sat in shock was an experience my small 6 year old brain didn't understand at all.

Dad had thought I was gone, and was in the middle of my room holding my blanket in shock. He didn't see the floating pair of pajamas that I was wearing.

Mom did, she started crying because I dad inherited her qurik. Permanent invisibility.

"It's okay Hon, she isn't gone... her quirk manifested, she has mine." Mom had gently explained to my Dad. Mom had inherited a combination of her parents quirks. My Grandfather's was Body Morph, he could change his body to be anything, and my Grandma's was Invisible Touch. Anything she touched with all five fingers turned invisible. Mom inherited the combination, to create Invisibility.

After the mornings fiasco, I got dressed in the most covering clothes I could find. Knee high socks, sweatpants, a long sleeved shirt, I even put on a flower crown.

Dad went inside the school with me, and explained my quirk to the teacher. I immediately ran over to my two best friends, Ellie and Pearl, who had just recently manifested quirks.

"Heya!" I exclaimed cheerfully. They both froze and paled when they saw me.

"T-Toru~Chan?" Ellie had asked.

"Mhm!" I nodded.

"Your... unseeable, I don't know what the word is, but we can't see you!" Pearl stammered, scrambling to try and find the right words, "but, we can see your clothes, and hear you!"

"Mama said I manifested her quirk, which is called invisibility. Apparently I'm invisible now!" I explained, and after a bit more explaining, they both smiled.

Dad left, and class started.

"Alright class, another of our classmates quirks has developed!" My teacher exclaimed, "Toru Hagakure, please come up."

I skipped up to the front, and stood next to them smiling. One of my classmates screamed.

"Floating clothes! Ghost!"

"No stupid!" Ellie stood up and exclaimed, "That's Toru~Chan!"

"Really? I don't see her!" The student exclaimed.

"Ellie, we do not call people 'stupid'. We've talked about this." The teacher gently scolded my friend, before addressing everyone else.

"Now, you may not be able to see her, Toru has manifested her mother's quirk, Invisibility. We cannot see her, but we can see what she's wearing or holding. I ask that despite this change, you treat her like you always have. I believe it's a very impressive quirk, and fit for a hero."

I beamed at her words, and went back to sit down.

After class that day, some of my classmates approached me.

"A hero, huh?" One asked, "How can you be a hero if people can't even see you!"

That was when the insults started.

"Freak!"

"Weirdo."

"Scary..."

"Ack! Ghost!"

I became known as the Ghost Girl. I couldn't be seen, but I could wear things and hold things.

By the time middle school started, I had developed a minor case of Anxiety.

I begged my parents to buy me makeup and wigs, and just supplies to hide my invisibility.

Dad was against it at first, but Mom understood where I was coming from, so it happened. They bought me piles of white skin foundation, lipstick, and brunette wigs. Every morning, Mom would wake me up early to apply it. I would dress in the uniform, wear a hoodie overtop the  short sleeves, gloves, and thigh high stockings.

I looked like a person.

Around this time, I had discovered that Ellie and Pearl were moving away, and I was upset. But thanks to the disguise, I was able to make more friends. Even if I was considered quirkless.

Then one day, someone from my kindergarten class transferred into my class. He was in shock at me, and had started yelling.

"You aren't Toru! Toru is a Ghost! She's invisible, and you can't see her!" He had yelled. Everyone was confused.

"I'll prove it to you! If your Toru, then all of that is fake!" He had told them, and he did.

The very next day, he brought makeup wipes to school, and wiped all my makeup off, took my wig and threw it in the trass, even pulled my gloves and hoodie off. Everyone was in shock, and again I became the Ghost Girl. I did have a quirk.

But I realized, the quirk was good for stealth, and that's why I tried out for the hero course at U.A. I didn't think I would get in, I never was very strong, but because I was invisible, the robots couldn't detect me, and it gave me an advantage. That's how I ended up here." I finish explaining my story.

I didn't think my classmates would care all that much, but they did. Some of them were even crying.

Soon enough, everyone is hugging me, aside from Bakugo and Todoroki of course.

"If you're all done crying, I'd like to start class." Aizawa~sensei says, his voice devoid of emotion, and everyone scrambles to take their seats. I sit down.

When I look up at Aizawa~sensei, his eyes are on me, and are filled with sympathy, even if he sounded emotionless.

That's when I realize, I don't have to be scared anymore.

I don't need to be scared of being judged, because that's not what this class is like.

People don't judge you here.

Besides, I'm not the only strange looking person here anyway.

○~○~○