Marth's Tree Dilemma

"You uh… you need some help Marth?!" 
The man scowled, "No no! I got it- AHH!" 
The Hero King yelped as he fell from the tree, landing on his back in front of Roy. 
"You okay?" The Young Lion offered a hand, which Marth took. Roy helped him up. 
"That was quite the fall," Ike commented, "Why were you in the tree anyway?" The Radiant Hero leaned on his sword casually.
"Long story," Lucina appeared, hanging upside down from the tree, "But at least I know I'm a better climber." 
"Lucina, why were you climbing the tree?" Robin sighed, crossing her arms. 
"Well…" 
"She said I couldn't climb the tree so I challenged her to a tree climbing match…" Marth grumbled. 
"Seriously?!" Roy started laughing. 
"Yep," Lucina pulled herself up, and slid off the branch. She turned around, "I didn't realize it was such a big deal…" 
"At least you didn't fall…" Robin sighed. 
"If it helps matters," Chrom walked over to the group, "Lucina used to be really bad too." 
"Father!" Lucina frowned. 
"There was that one time we found her stuck in the tree, just like that," Robin said. The bluenette's face turned a cherry red. 
“Th-That was a long time ago!” She argued, frowning. 
“I just… I used to watch other’s climb trees all the time,” Marth sighed, “but everytime I did, I got scared and froze, or I fell.”
“Awfully sentimental considering it’s just a tree,” the tactician shrugged, “but I think I get it.”
“I’m sorry Lord Hero-King,” Lucina frowned, bowing her head.
“W-What are you apologizing for?!” Marth squeaked in surprise, “You have no faults to apologize for.”
“He squeaked,” Ike said. Chrom ‘coughed’.
“This is too perfect!” Roy laughed, doubling over.
“Is he okay?” Robin asked, frowning at the red haired boy. 
“Probably not,” Ike replied, shrugging, “Honestly, I actually can’t believe this is such a big deal. It’s just a tree.”
“You don’t understand my pain!” Marth groaned, “I’m the only one who can’t climb trees!” He fell to his knees, staring at the ground.
“I never tried,” Robin shrugged, “and I’m pretty sure Chrom broke the tree last time he tried.”
“I’m too heavy,” Ike replied, “I break them too.” Chrom nodded in agreement. Roy was too busy laughing to respond.
“Corrin can climb trees,” Lucina offered.
“Corrin’s a dragon. He doesn’t count,” Chrom responded, crossing his arms.
“So Lucina is the only one here who actively climbs trees,” Robin concluded, “So why is Marth crying?”
“Maybe it’s because Lucina is his Echo Fighter?” Ike suggested. Lucina frowned at that. She knew her title, though she didn’t like it.
“Hey, it’s better than Clones,” Chrom told her, patting his daughter on the shoulder. She smiled a bit.
“Lord Marth, if this is such a big deal, I can teach you,” the bluenette knelt down to speak with the Hero King, who immediately stopped weeping.
“Really?” He asked, his eyes sparkling like a kid who just entered a candy store. Lucina nodded with a smile.
Marth cheered, “Yes! Thank you, thank you!” He hugged her. The princess squeaked, hugging back hesitantly. 
Chrom cleared his throat. Robin elbowed him.
"What?" He muttered. 
"Stop thinking death threats about everyone you think is flirting with Lucina," Robin retorted quietly. Chrom just sighed.
"Ah… sorry," Marth pulled away, "um…" 
"It's alright," Lucina smiled, "Come on, we can start whenever you're ready." She stood up, offering a hand. Marth took it, a little embarrassed. 
"Alright," he nodded. They walked over to the tree. 
"I heard that entire conversation," Ike stated. Chrom blushed and Robin snorted. 
"She is right," Ike snickered to the prince, "Besides, isn't Marth your ancestor? That'd just be weird." 
"The bloodline breaks off eventually," Chrom muttered, "Otherwise everyone would be considered incest…" 
"You're funny," Roy said, "Marth is married." 
"Wait really?" Robin frowned. 
"Yep. Don't worry about him getting it on with Lucina," the fiery swordsman laughed, "Besides, pretty sure he thinks of her as a sister." 
"Yeah, I've noticed that. They act like siblings, when Lucina isn't worshipping his title," Ike snorted. 
"She's a lot less nervous around him, that's for sure," Robin smiled, "I'm glad. I think it made him uncomfortable." 
"Hey guys!" A dragon landed behind them, morphing into Corrin, "What did I miss?"
"Marth fell out of a tree," Roy said.
"Lucina is teaching Marth how to climb said tree," Robin added. 
"Wait really?" He frowned.
"Well, she's the only one other than you who actively climbs trees," Roy snorted. 
"Huh," Corrin blinked a couple times, then shrugged, "What are you all doing?" 
"Talking," Chrom replied.
"Taking bets with Grima on how many times Marth will fall," Robin said. Everyone looked at her. 
"What? It's not like I'll lose any money," she blinked.
"My wife gets along with the evil dragon in her head, holy shit…" Chrom muttered. 
"OW! FFFFFFFFF-"
"Lord Marth! Are you okay?!" 
Roy snorted. 
"I'm fine Lucina, thank you." 
"Oh thank Naga…" 
"I swear…" Chrom glared at them suspiciously. 
"You need to chill..." Corrin stepped away from Chrom, who was giving off a murderous aura.
"LANGUAGE!" Robin shouted.
"You're one to talk," Ike snorted. 
"This oneshot just became very chaotic," Roy said. 
"Roy, the fourth wall," Chrom nudged him.
"Shit, sorry." 
"ACK-" 
"Is Marth going to be okay?" Corrin frowned. 
"He'll be fine," Robin replied. 
"I'm going to go help them," the dragon boy said, running over to join Lucina and Marth.
"Oh hey Corrin!" Lucina smiled at the blond.
"Greetings Corrin," Marth nodded.
"Hey! Heard you were climbing trees," Corrin grinned, "Can I join?"
"Of course!" The bluenette smiled, "I'm helping Lord Marth with his climbing." 
"Nice," Corrin had already run into the tree, and was hanging upside down, "feels like forever since I've done this."
"That seems dangerous," Marth frowned.
"It is, but only if you fall," Lucina shrugged, "Come on!" She ran back to the tree, grabbing a branch and hoisting herself up onto it. Marth followed, nearly falling a few times as he climbed up after the blue haired woman, but he managed.
He fell when he got to the top though.
"AhhhHHHHH-"
"Lord Marth!"
"I got him," Corrin turned her arm into a lance, and speared Marth's cape. 
"MY CAPE!"
"Shoot, sorry." 
He was lowered to the ground after that and proceeded to cry over his now torn cape. 
"Uh," the others walked over, "Everything okay?" 
"I tore his cape," Corrin winced, "oops…"
"I'm surprised it hasn't been torn before," Ike muttered.
"I think it has," Robin said, "I've noticed stitching." 
"So he can sew?" Chrom asked.
"Sounds like a good housewife," Roy replied.
"Does that make his wife the warrior?" Lucina asked, joining the group.
"I'd imagine Caeda is more a man then he is anyway," Ike snorted. The 6 of them had a good laugh while Marth cried.

It was a good day for them.