Chapter 4 -

Chapter 4: Finn & Millie's fake dating rules

...

A big stack of pancakes was placed in the middle of the table in front of Finn and Millie. Finn grabbed 2 stacks before pushing the rest to Millie who was scribbling on the piece of paper Matt had given her earlier. At the top of the paper was written; The Fake Boy/Girl Friend Contract in big curvy letters. Millie had been 'designing' it for the past 20 minutes since they arrived at the small restaurant in Beverly Hills.

"Okay." Millie said setting the pen down and pushing the piece of paper towards Finn. She grabbed her stack of pancakes wasting no time in drowning them in syrup. Finn scanned the paper over making a small snorting sound. "This is what you've been working on for the past 20 minutes?" He laughed. "I thought you were doodling on it." He said pushing the paper back.

Millie shrugged as she chewed on a piece of pancake. "I thought we could make a list of rules just so were on the same page about things." She said plopping another piece into her mouth. She set the utensil down exchanging it for a pen. She flickered her eyes to Finn who was enjoying his pancakes. He looked up nodding. "Agreed." He said once he finished chewing.

Millie began to write down on the paper. Finn & Millie's fake dating rules. "Okay so what should we write first?" She asked picking up her fork to take another piece of pancake. Finn thought about it for a moment before grabbing the pen and paper from her. "I've got one." He pushed his plate aside covering the paper with his hand as he scribbled something on it. Millie sat back patiently eating her breakfast.

After a few minutes Finn looked up from the paper with a cheeky smile as he slide the paper back to Millie. "Millie must attend almost every Calpurnia concert Finn has." She read out aloud. She looked over at him and nodded. "Yea of course. I'll attend as many as I can. I love hearing you and your band play." She smiled. "When's your next show?" she asked taking a sip from her glass of orange juice. "Not until after were done with press tour. But I was thinking about having a show before the last stop in Vancouver since we'll all be there."

"Being in a band sounds really cool. I wish I was musically talented." She laughed remembering the time Jacob tried to teach her how to play. "Jacob had tried teaching me once how to play guitar but it was terrible. Eventually he gave up." She shook her head. Finn frowned. "Wait really? You want to learn how to play guitar?" Millie sighed. "Nope. I'm never going near an instrument again." Finn smirked mischievously as he took the paper and pen. He scribbled on it again and slid it back to her. "Rule #2. I'm teaching you how to play guitar."

Millie's jaw dropped. "No. Really. You don't have to. I'm hopeless. I'll most likely end up breaking it." She said reaching over for the pen to cross it out but Finn grabbed her hand from picking it up. "You're not hopeless. I promise I'm going to teach you and I won't stop till you can at least play the chords to Happy Birthday." He joked. Millie took notice of Finn's hand holding hers gently and how she felt a bubbly feeling in the pit of her stomach. She looked up meeting his soft brown eyes. "Okay." She said in a low tone. Finn gave her a toothless smile before retracting his hand away and handing her the pen. "Okay now it's your turn to write something."

Millie cleared her throat shaking off the previous feeling from Finn's touch. "Okay.. Uhhh-Oh! My sister is having a wedding mid November, I know it's barely August and it isn't for another 3 months. I mean you don't actually have to go cus weddings are boring and-" She started to blab. "Millie." He laughed. Millie stopped talking and looked at him. "Yea?" Finn reached up to move the curls from his face. "I'll go to the wedding with you." He said sincerely.

"Really?" She asked not believing him. Finn nodded. "Yea.. I mean even if were not faking dating till then. I'll still escort you." Millie smiled grabbing the pen. She wrote it down before showing Finn for approval. A waiter came by and picked up their empty plates. Millie moved the paper towards the middle for both Finn and her to see. The contract was coming along nicely.

"Oh also. We need to write down the Duffers rule about keeping it a secret. No one can know, because if this gets out to the media. It could possibly ruin our reputations." Finn said. Millie nodded as she wrote down the fourth rule.

After a few moments Millie looked over Finn. He was on his phone. "Hey Finn.." She said getting his attention. He looked up putting his phone down. "Yea?" Millie started to tap the pen onto the table. "How long are we going to keep this up?.. I mean.. What if one of us wants out? What if you and Maggie end up getting together sooner.. then Jacob and I?" She asked avoiding his eyes. Finn thought about it. She was right. What if one of them wanted out? What if it got to much?

He cleared his throat. "Well.. We should tell each other the truth. Always. No matter what it is we should tell each other everything about how we are feeling." Millie agreed. "So our last rule? We'll tell each other the truth?" She asked. Finn nodded. "That should always be a rule between us. Contract no contract. We should always be honest with each other." Millie wrote it down.

"Millie.. You'll always be honest with me?.. right?" He asked once Millie finished writing the set of rules. Millie cleared her throat. "Yes.. of course." Finn looked at her skeptically. She looked up and gave him a small toothless smile.

"Okay.. Well we have our rules." Millie said turning the paper so Finn could skim it over. Once he approved, Millie turned it back over and signed her name underneath the rules. She handed the pen to Finn and he signed it.

He put the pen down, Millie and Finn both locked eyes with each other. "Well it's official. We can't break these rules." Millie said. Finn nodded. They both reached their hands out to shake on it. There was no going back, as of August 5th they were 'officially a couple'.

|The Fake Boy/Girl Friend Contract. |

———
[Finn & Millie's fake dating rules]

1.) NO KISSING!! On check is acceptable.

2.) Millie must attend almost every Calpurnia concert Finn has.

3.) Finn will teach Millie how to play guitar.

4.) Finn will be Millie's escort to her sister's wedding.

5.) Millie and Finn will keep it a secret.

6.) Finn and Millie will always tell the truth no matter what.

X    Millie Bobby Brown 
X     Finn Wolfhard

...

Ugh I swear I'm trying to not make this into a To All The Boys I've Loved Before book. But the contract was genius I had to use it.