Chapter 28 -

Chapter 28: take on me

...

*1 month later*

Millie smiled softly as she watched Paige and her husband walk into the reception. Her along with multiple guests began to clap for the newly wed couple.

It had been over a couple of weeks since the news broke out that Finn and Millie had broken up.

Millie was the first to speak out about their breakup being a mutual thing, and that they were still really good friends. But Finn on the other hand had gone MIA. He had been off social media and pushed back his tour. Hardly anyone knew anything about him, and it made Millie sad.

But this was the moment Paige had been waiting for all her life, and Millie didn't want to ruin her sisters special day with her sad tears. So she forced a happy smile on her face and pushed away all the painful feelings she had.

It was Paiges wedding and Millie was determined to make her day really special. Because she was truly happy to see her sister marry the love of her life and that was all that mattered at the moment.

A couple hours into the party and Millie had managed to pull off a happy facade.

She had greeted guests with a smile, and danced with her family and friends. She was indeed a really great actress because she had hid the painful ache in her heart, every time she glanced at the empty table and saw he wasn't there.

Millie was now alone in a corner as she spaced off staring at the empty table.

A part of her had hoped that Finn would show up.

"Have you talked to him?.. Finn?" Sadie asked as she stood next to her looking at the empty table Millie had been staring at.

Millie looked down into her glass of champagne. She missed him terribly and felt bad for the way they had left things off. She knew she should have reached out to him and talk, but she didn't want to hurt herself or him anymore.

It was the right thing to do. To let him go.

Her movie deal had decided to start filming a month earlier than planned and so she had to leave right after New Years. She didn't know when she would be done filming or what would happen in the next two years.

But two years was a long time and she couldn't let Finn suffer. Their relationship would be hard and it would just lead to heartbreak. Millie thought it was the safest and smartest move, to let Finn go.