Chapter 9 -

Chapter 9: sad eyes, white lies

...

Everyone in the room seemed to be lost for words as they gaped their mouths open at the two teens in front of them. Sadie and Noah shared a secret look as Finn and Millie walked further in the room hand in hand as the door was shut behind them.

They seemed to be lost for words as the teens all looked at each other uncomfortably. Millie pried her eyes away from Maggie's as she looked down, guilt washing over her.

Sadie decided to clear her throat breaking the awkward aura that hung in the room. "Well well well— when did this happen?" She smirked slightly, keeping her word on pretending to not know the truth between them.

As much as Millie felt terrible for seeing the pained expression on Maggie's face she couldn't stop her cheeks from burning up. She squeezed Finn's hand lightly signaling him to speak up.

Finn squeezed her hand back. "Uh.. a couple days ago." His eyes flickered from the group to Maggie who was standing close to the corner in the back with a small frown on her face.

Noah scrunched his eyebrows together as he followed Finn's eyes flickering to Maggie. Noah looked back at Millie who looked sad as she kept her eyes on the floor.

"I knew you two were secretly sucking each other's faces behind our backs!" Gaten shouted with a wide smile on his face.

Millie turned an even brighter red. Her hand had began to sweat and Finn still held her hand tightly despite her grip beginning to losen.

Caleb turned to Gaten with wide eyes secretly shaking his head as he flickered his eyes to Maggie. The corner of Gaten's mouth turned down as he realized who was in the room.

Caleb cleared his throat before turning back to face the 'newly' couple. "Well I think that's very great for you two and I wish you both the best." He said sincerely.

Finn simpered. "Thank you Caleb.. We appreciate your support." It went silent again for a few seconds before Sadie spoke up again. "I think it's great you two are finally together. But hear me when I say this.. Millie is my best friend and if you hurt her.. well you're gonna have to deal with me." Sadie winked.

Finn gulped nervously as he nodded. "Right."

Millie let her eyes wander over to Maggie, which she regretted upon seeing her glossy eyes. Millie couldn't take it anymore, she let go from Finn's grip trying to make it as normal as possible. Finn gave her a what are you doing face but she smiled nervously at him.