Chapter 24 -

Chapter 24: 1 month anniversary

...

It was Finn and Millie's one month anniversary and Finn wanted to get her something special. It was the following day after Caleb's 19th birthday party and Finn had dragged him early that morning to help him look for a present.

Not that Caleb was much help anyways.

"I know you said that you wanted to go shopping. But please explain to me why we had to come so early in the morning?.. I mean. Half the stores are even open yet." Caleb whined as they passed by multiple closed stores.

It was a little over 8 am, it was indeed a bit early for stores to be open yet but Finn didn't care. He wanted to get an early start and look through stores windows to see if anything caught his eye.

Finn looked through a jewelry store window and frowned when no piece of jewelry caught his eye. Millie had a ton of jewelry and she rarely used any. He wanted something special, something that would mean a lot to her. Not just an effortless chain with gold on it.

"Today is Millie and I's 1 month anniversary." He said as he kept on walking with Caleb following behind him.

"Oh has it really been 1 month?" Caleb asked surprised. Finn stopped walking and turned around to face him. "Uh yea.. It feels like it's been way more than a month but I guess when your in a relationship —even if it's all fake you lose track of time."

Caleb hummed. Fake feelings my ass. Caleb thought as he watched Finn fidget with his fingers.

"Anyways.. I want to get her something special.. you know. For our 'anniversary'."

Caleb held a snicker as he watched Finn use quotations over the word 'anniversary'. He was absolutely smitten.

"Okay right.. Well what about a nice gold necklace?" Caleb suggested. "Many guys get their girlfriends gold necklaces with their name imprinted on it." Caleb shrugged.

Finn scoffed. A gold necklace was certainly not special. It was just like Caleb said, many guys get their girlfriends gold necklaces.

"That's exactly why I don't want to get her a necklace. It doesn't have meaning." He sighed before continuing to walk.

Caleb followed after him. "You're right. Jacob probably gave her a bunch of jewelry.. what about perfume?.. or clothes?" He suggested.

Finn made a strangled like noise and Caleb put his hands up in defense. "Right okay no perfume or clothes."

A sign that read; Adopt a special furry friend today! Caught Finn's attention. He stopped in front of a pet shop and placed his face on the stores window and scanned inside the shop.