New Earth pt.3

*Time skip* 

That's when the nurse the Doctor had talked to earlier lunges at them and the Doctor quickly puts his hands up.

"We're safe! We're safe! We're safe! We're clean! We're clean! Look, look."

"Show me your skin" Rose, the Doctor and Cassandra show her

"Look, clean. Look, if we'd been touched, we'd be dead. So how's it going up here? What's the status?"

"There's nothing but silence from the other wards. I think we're the only ones left. And I've been trying to override the quarantine. If I can trip a signal over to New New York, they can send a private executive squad."

"You can't do that. If they forced entry, they'd break quarantine."

"I am not dying in here."

"We can't let a single particle of disease get out. There is ten million people in that city. They'd all be at risk. Now, turn that off!"

"Not if it gets me out."

"All right, fine. So I have to stop you lot as well. Suits me. Rose, Seer, novice Hame, everyone! Excuse me, your Grace. Get me intravenous solutions for every single disease. Move it!" the Doctor shouts everyone grabs drip bags while the Doctor collects a long piece of heavy silk rope and starts hanging the drip bags on his body.

"How's that? Will that do?"

"I don't know" Rose says shrugging.

"Will it do for what?" Cassandra asks, the Doctor and her run towards the lift doors, leaving Rose with Hame.

"The lifts aren't working" Cassandra says, as the Doctor opens the doors.

"Not moving. Different thing. Here we go" he puts his sonic between his teeth and runs.

"But you're not going to" she says, as he jumps down and grabs the lift cable

"what do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going down! Come on!" he shouts attaching a round piece of equipment to the cable.

"Not in a million years" Cassandra says.

"I need another pair of hands. What do you think? If you're so desperate to stay alive, why don't you live a little?"

"Seal the door!" Cassandra turns around to see the diseased people advancing.

"No!" she jumps onto the Doctor's back.

"You're completely mad. I can see why she likes you."

"Going down!" as the two go down Cassandra screams holding onto the Doctor for dear life, they soon come to a gentle stop on top of the lift.

"Well, that's one way to lose weight" Cassandra says.

"Now, listen. When I say so, take hold of that lever" the Doctor says pointing to the lever.

"There's still a quarantine down there, we can't..."

"Hold that lever! I'm cooking up a cocktail. I know a bit about medicine myself" the Doctor dips the contents of the drip bags into the lift's disinfectant tank "now, that lever's going to resist. But keep it in position. Hold onto it with everything you've got."

"What about you?"

"I've got an appointment. The Doctor is in" he jumps down into the lift "I'm in here! Come on!"

"Don't tell them." Cassandra says.

"Pull that lever!" she does as told and holds the lever down

"Come and get me. Come on! I'm in here! Come on!"