Fear Her

The TARDIS materialises and the Doctor walks over to the doors opening them to see a pair of cargo containers.

"Ah" the Doctor turns around as I turn the TARDIS so that the three of us weren't stuck, the Doctor again opens the doors to see that the TARDIS is now facing the right way.

"Ah!" Rose and I make our way outside, Rose checks out a Shane Ward Greatest Hits poster on one of the containers.

"So, near future, yeah?" she asks.

"I had a passing fancy. Only it didn't pass, it stopped" the Doctor replies.

*Time skip*

"Thirtieth Olympiad" I say smiling while looking around.

"No way! Why didn't I think of this? That's great" Rose says.

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about, wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood around baying. No, wait a minute, that was Club Med. Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony, tonight, we thought you'd like that. Last one they had in London was dynamite. Wembley, 1948. We loved it so much, we went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch. Lovely chap, what was his?" the Doctor asks looking at me who shrugs "Mark? John? Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet."

"Doctor, Seer."

"And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go to" I say.

"Doctor, Seer!"

"Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunchy ball bearings on top?" The Doctor asks.

"You should really look at this."

"Do you know those things? Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius" I say as the Doctor and myself walk over to Rose and read the two posters that were stuck to a lamp post "Dale Hicks" I say.

"What's taking them, do you think? Snatching children from a thoroughly ordinary street like this. Why's it so cold? Is someone reducing the temperature?" The Doctor says.

"It says they all went missing this week. Why would a person do something like this?" Rose asks.

"What makes you think it's a person?" I reply.

"Whatever it is, it's got the whole street scared to death. Doctor, Seer, what..." Rose turns, but we are already running across the street our trench coats whipping at our legs, the Doctor examines the front lawn while I investigate the goal that sat on the lawn I kneel down and put my hand over the grass a while later the Doctor joins and starts giggling.

"Ooo, tickles!" he laughs.

"What's your game?" an older man asks from behind the two.

"My er. Snakes and Ladders? Quite good at squash. Reasonable. I'm being facetious, aren't I. There's no call for it" the Doctor says standing pulling me up with him, the older man starts backing the two of us onto the road "we're, police officers! That's what we are. We've got a badge and a police car. You don't have to get. we can, we can prove it. Just hold on" the Doctor starts rummaging through pockets.

"We've had plenty of coppers poking around here, and you two don't look or sound like any of them."

"See, look. We've got a colleague. Lewis" I say pointing to Rose.

"Well, she looks less like a copper than you two do."

"Training. New recruit. It was either that or hairdressing, so, voila!" The Doctor pulls out the psychic paper and shows the older man.