The Satan Pit pt.2

"We're turning. We're turning around. We're turning away!" Zach shouts.

"Sorry about the hijack, Captain. This is the good ship TARDIS" I say nudging the Doctor.

"Now, first thing's first. Have you got a Rose Tyler on board?" The Doctor asks.

"I'm here! It's me! Oh, my God. Where are you two?" Rose asks.

"We're just towing you home. Gravity schmavity. Our people practically invented black holes" I say.

"Well, in fact, they did. In a couple of minutes, we'll be nice and safe. Oh, and Captain?" the Doctor starts "can we do a swap? Say, if you give me Rose Tyler, I'll give you Ida Scott? How about that?"

"She's alive!" Zach says.

"Yes. Thank God." Danny shouts.

"Yeah! Bit of oxygen starvation, but she should be all right. We couldn't save the Ood. We only had time for one trip" I say "they went down with the planet."

"Ah! Entering clear space. End of the line. Mission closed" the Doctor says, a little later, Rose runs into the TARDIS and hugs us.

"Zach? We'll be off, now. Have a good trip home" the Doctor says. "And the next time you get curious about something. Oh, what's the point. You'll just go blundering in. The human race" the Doctor waves his hand.

"But Doctor, Seer, what did you find down there? That creature, what was it?" Ida asks.

"I don't know. Never did decipher that writing. But that's good, Day we know everything? Might as well stop the Doctor says.

"What do you think it was, really?"

"I think we beat it. That's good enough for me" the Doctor slings his arm over my shoulders.

"It said I was going to die in battle" Rose says, I place my hand on Rose's shoulder.

"Then it lied" I say.

"Right, onwards, upwards. Ida? See you again, maybe" the Doctor says moving towards the console.

"I hope so."

"And thanks, boys!" Rose says.

"Hang on though, Doctor. You never really said. You three, who are you?"

"Oh, the stuff of legends" I say.

"This is the final report of Sanctuary Base Six. Officer Tobias Zed, deceased, with honours. 43K two point one. Also, Ood 1 Alpha 1, deceased with honours. Ood 1 Alpha 2, deceased with honours."