The Impossible Planet

The TARDIS materialises and Rose the Doctor and I squeeze out.

"I don't know what's wrong though. She's sort of queasy. Indigestion, like she didn't want to land" the Doctor says tapping his chin.

"Oh, if you think there's going to be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else" Rose says, the three of us stand in silence for a few seconds before laughing.

"I think we've landed inside a cupboard. Here we go" I say still laughing a little.

"Open door 15."

"Some sort of base. Moon base, sea base, space base. They build these things out of kits" the Doctor says, looking out the small window.

"Close door 15."

"Glad we're indoors. sounds like a storm out there" Rose says also looking out the window.

"Open door 16."

"Human design. You've got a thing about kits. This place was put together like a flat pack wardrobe, only bigger. And easier" I say as the three of us continue to walk forward.

"Open door 17."

"Oh, it's a sanctuary base" the Doctor says looking around.

"Close door 17."

"Deep Space exploration. We've gone way out. And listen to that, underneath. Someone's drilling."

"Welcome to hell" Rose says.

"Oh, it's not that bad" I reply.

"No, over there" Rose points towards a wall where words are painted in big block letters and some sort of alien language underneath it, I take out my glasses and look at the wall.

"Hold on, what does that say? That's weird, it won't translate" I say.

"But I thought the TARDIS translated everything, writing as well. We should see English" Rose points out.

"Exactly. If that's not working, then it means this writing is old. Very old. Impossibly old. We should find out who's in charge" the Doctor says walking over to a bulkhead door and spinning the wheel.

"We've gone beyond the reach of the TARDIS' knowledge. Not a good move. And if someone's lucky enough..." I walk over standing beside the Doctor.

"Open door 19" the door opens to reveal aliens with tentacles where ones nose and mouth would be standing there, they all have a tube going in behind the tentacles and are carrying a white glob in their right hands.

"Oh! Right. Hello. Sorry. I was just saying, er, nice base" I say laughing slightly.

"We must feed."

"You've got to what?" The Doctor asks.

"We must feed."

"Yeah. I think they mean us" Rose says, the aliens move closer and the Doctor, Rose and I back away.

"We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed" more of them enter from other doors, the Doctor and I pull out our sonic screwdrivers while Rose picks up a chair.

"We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed."

"We must feed..." says one stepping forward, it then taps the globe "...You, if you are hungry."

"Sorry?" The Doctor asks.

"We apologise. Electromagnetics have interfered with speech systems. Would you like some refreshments?"