Journey's End

I have golden energy streaming from my hands and head, I turn and point both hands towards my spare hand in the jar by the time console. It absorbs it and I am released, everyone watches me and I quickly get up.

"Now then. Where were we?" I ask the same as ever, Donna, Jack, the Doctor and Rose are stunned, I check on my glowing spare hand "there now, you have the energy" I gently blow on the jar and the glowing stops, "you see? Used the regeneration energy to heal myself, but soon as I was done, I didn't need to change. I didn't want to. Why would I? Look at me. So, to stop the energy going all the way, I siphoned off the rest into a handy bio-matching receptacle, namely my hand. My hand there. My handy spare hand. Remember? Christmas Day, Sycorax. Lost my hand in a sword fight? That's my hand. What do you think?" I ask seeming more jumpy than usual.

"You're still you?" Rose says.

"I'm still me" the Doctor, Rose and I hug. Donna turns to Jack.

"You can hug me, if you want. No, really. You can hug me" Jack pulls her into a hug, suddenly, the power goes out.

"They've got us. Power's gone. Some kind of chronon loop" I say, the TARDIS tilts with a jerk.

"There's a massive Dalek ship at the centre of the planets. They're calling it the Crucible. Guess that's our destination" Jack says.

"You said these planets were like an engine. But what for?" Donna asks.

"Rose, you've been in a parallel world. That world's running ahead of this universe. You've seen the future. What was it?" I ask.

"It's the darkness" Rose says.

"The stars were going out" Donna says.

"One by one. We looked up at the sky and they were just dying. Basically, we've been building this, er, this travel machine, this, this er, dimension cannon, so I could. Well, so I could..." Rose trails off.

"What?" The Doctor asks.

"So, I could come back. Shut up. Anyway, suddenly, it started to work and the dimensions started to collapse. Not just in our world, not just in yours, but the whole of reality. Even the Void was dead. Something is destroying everything" Rose says.

"In that parallel world, you said something about me" Donna says.

"The dimension cannon could measure timelines, and it's, it's weird, Donna, but they all seemed to converge on you" Rose says.

"But why me? I mean, what have I ever done? I'm a temp from Chiswick" the scanner beeps.

"The Dalek Crucible. All aboard" I say.

"The TARDIS is secured."

"Seer, Doctor, you will step forth or die."

"We'll have to go out. Because if we don't, they'll get in" the Doctor says.

"You two told me nothing could get through those doors" Rose says.

"You've got extrapolator shielding" Jack says.

"Last time we fought the Daleks, they were scavengers and hybrids, and mad. But this is a fully-fledged Dalek Empire, at the height of its power. Experts at fighting TARDIS'ES, they can do anything. Right now, that wooden door is just wood" I say.

"What about your dimension jump?" Jack asks, looking at Rose.

"It needs another twenty minutes. And anyway, I'm not leaving."

"What about your teleport?" The Doctor asks.

"Went down with the power loss" Jack says.

"Right then. All of us together. Yeah. Donna?" I ask, Donna is staring at nothing. I snap her out of it