School Reunion

"Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?" He asks, instantly walking over to the board and writing 'Physics' in big letters across the board, I walk over to the desk and sit on it swinging my legs back and forth.

"So, physics. Physics, eh? Physics. Physics. Physics! Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics" the Doctor rambles as he leans on the desk next to me and throwing his head back as well as puffing out his cheeks.

"I hope one of you is getting all this down. Okay let's see what you know. Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?" I ask, a young boy with glasses puts his hand up "yes, er, what's your name?"

"Milo."

"Milo! Off you go" the Doctor says grinning.

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge."

"Correctamundo! A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two. I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this. How do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?" The Doctor asks, Milo raises his hand again while everyone else looks totally bored.

"Someone else. No? Okay, Milo, go for it" I nod at the young boy.

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and a voltmeter."

"Two to Milo. Right then, Milo, tell me this. True or false. The greater the dampening of the system, the quicker it loses energy to its surroundings" I ask hopping of the desk.

"False."

"What is non-coding DNA?" The Doctor asks.

"DNA that doesn't code for a protein."

"Sixty-five thousand nine hundred and eighty-three times five?" I ask.

"Three hundred and twenty-nine thousand nine hundred and fifteen."

"How do you travel faster than light?" The Doctor asks.

"By opening a quantum tunnel with an FTL factor of thirty-six point seven recurring" our jaw drops.

*Time skip*

The Doctor and I stand in line waiting to be served when suddenly mash potato is slopped onto our trays, we both walk away with noticeable grins etched on our faces and find a vacant table and sit.

"Two days" Rose whisper shouts walking up to them, the Doctor looks up.

"Sorry, could you just? There's a bit of gravy. No, no, just, just there" the Doctor says pointing, I shake my head a small smile on my face.

"Two days, we've been here" Rose says.

"Blame your boyfriend. He's the one who put us onto this. And he was right. Boy in class this morning, got a knowledge way beyond planet Earth" I say.

"You eating those chips?" Rose asks looking at the Doctor.

"Yeah, they're a bit different."

"I think they're gorgeous. Wish I had school dinners like this."

"It's very well behaved, this place" I say.

"Mmm."

"I thought there'd be happy slapping hoodies. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs and ringtones. Huh? Huh? Oh, yeah. Don't tell me I don't fit in" I say, that's when the head cafeteria lady walks over.