vii

Orphiel was alone, alone in a house she didn't even know her way around that much, the little human was staying with friends because her mother was out looking for her father's rightful killer

Orphiel was alone, alone in a house she didn't even know her way around that much, the little human was staying with friends because her mother was out looking for her father's rightful killer. Lucifer was shadowing Dan to be more human he said while Mazikeen was finding a job. Orphiel had no idea what a job even was but apparently, Chloe's was being the little human mom and a detective at the L.A.P.D, Orphiel isn't sure what the L.A.P.D means but she's working on this human thing.

Orphiel was watching the box that plays things when she heard the door slam open.

"ORPHIEL!" Orphiel jumped from Mazikeen's voice.

"Yes?" Orphiel walks towards Mazikeen who looked angry.

"I'm missing my favorite knife." Mazikeen pointed a finger to Orphiel who took a step back in fear.

"I only moved it, I promise." Orphiel walks over to the knife block and pulls out Mazikeen's knife.

"You put it in the knife block!" Mazikeen yells grabbing her knife from Orphiel's grasp.

"That's where the other shiny pointy things are." Orphiel points to the knife block with all the kitchen knives in it. 

The door slams open along with some commotion, Chloe and Lucifer are dragging some guy and motion for Mazikeen to put a chair out which she does and Chloe pushes him into the chair.

"Can you tie him up Orphiel?" Chloe smiles sweetly at Orphiel and throws her dutch tape.

"Who is this?" Orphiel asks as she tapes the man to the chair.

"This is Perry Smith." Lucifer grabs one of Mazikeen's knives without asking and runs it along Perry's cheekbone and cuts the blindfold off.

"Who's Perry Smith?" Mazikeen asks looking at Lucifer with a dirty look for taking her kife without asking.

"He had my father killed and he let an innocent man die for it." Chloe spits out grabbing Perry's chin tightly.

"How do you know that for sure?" Orphiel softly asks, she wants to make sure that Chloe isn't doing anything irrational.

"That's what I was hoping you can help us with, you know with your gift in all." Chloe walks off in frustration.

Orphiel bites her lip and looks at Lucifer and Mazikeen in nervousness they both shrug unsure what is with the change in Chloe's mood, Orphiel grabs a chair and sits it in front of Perry and sits in so she can look into his eyes.

"I'm going to ask you questions and I want you to answer honestly okay?" Orphiel can feel Chloe's presence behind her.

When Perry doesn't answer right away Mazikeen puts a knife to his neck.

"ALRIGHT! I'll answer." Perry tries to get away from Mazikeen but being tied to the chair doesn't allow him too.

"Did you kill Chloe's father?" Orphiel looks deep into Perry's eyes.

"No, I did not." Orphiel focuses and she knows he's telling the truth.

"He's telling the truth," Orphiel tells Chloe who looks defeated.

"Ask him if he hired someone," Chloe suggests.

"Did you hire someone to kill Chloe's dad." Orphiel can tell he's trying to resist but he collapses trying to fight Orphiel from the truth getting out.

"Yes, I did." Perry slumps in his seat against the bonds.

"Poor Perry is so tired of telling the truth," Lucifer smirks but stops when everyone is looking at him weirdly.

Chloe snaps, she attacks Perry punching him in the face, ripping his bonds off and kicking him while he's on the floor. Orphiel and Mazikeen grab her by the waist and Chloe collapse against Orphiel crying loudly.

"Sh." Orphiel cuddles Chloe close to her chest while Mazikeen and Lucifer drag Perry out of the house so they can take him to the L.A.P.D.

"He killed my father!" Chloe sobs into Orphiel's stomach.

"He's going to go to jail for what he did Chlo." The nickname slips out before Orphiel can stop it, Orphiel looks down with a sheepish look but Chloe just smiles back.

"Chlo, I like that." Chloe snuggles into Orphiel. 

That's how Mazikeen and Lucifer found them hours later, on the floor snuggled into each other Lucifer nor Mazikeen had the heart to wake them but Orphiel did more because she was feeling like she was being watched.

Orphiel opened her eyes and saw Lucifer and Mazikeen staring over her and Chloe smiling so Orphiel slowly moves out from under Chloe who grumbles a little bit but settles when Orphiel replaces herself with a pillow.

"What's going on?" Orphiel is led outside by Mazikeen.

"So Perry got acquitted, which means he wasn't charged as being guilty." Mazikeen leads Orphiel to a van that held Dan, and Perry who was in the back seat.

"What is she doing here?" Dan grumbles when he sees Orphiel.

"You may not like Orphiel but she actually cares a lot for Chloe so shush." Mazikeen gets into the front seat while Orphiel sits in the seat behind her.

"What is going on?" Orphiel was confused, why was Dan here and why was Perry in the seat next to her.

"Did you not tell her the plan?" Dan looks at Mazikeen with a look like what the hell.

"I didn't have time to explain Dan." Mazikeen groans and turns around in her seat to look at Orphiel.

"Mister Warden over here has angered a lot of people, mainly the Russian Mob because he killed  Boris Sokolov, or at least he was responsible for his murder. So we're going to drop Warden off in a high traffic Russian Mob place." Mazikeen twirls a knife in Perry's direction looking smug.

"Will this work?" Orphiel shuffles in her seat in nervousness.

"It should." Dan parks and gets out of the van, the van door slides open as Dan pulls it open and pushes Perry onto the ground. Perry backs up away from the van in fear.

"Now we wait." Dan gets back into the van and waits.

"Here we go." Mazikeen gets giddy watching the Russians make Perry get into a van of their own but with a  lot more struggles because he knows he won't get out of the experience alive.

Orphiel looks out the window and huffs, what did she get herself into, and why? All for a girl she doesn't even know likes Orphiel back.