xii

Orphiel was going to do it, she was going to tell Chloe how she feels today

Orphiel was going to do it, she was going to tell Chloe how she feels today. It was going to be hard to tell Chloe because Lucifer and Chloe were on a case right now, something about a masked person poisoning college kids, Orphiel wasn't sure but it sounded like hard work if she was being honest. Of course, Orphiel was nervous that Chloe would get hurt on the job but it wasn't her place to show the worry because they weren't together.

"So I hear you're going to tell Chloe about your feelings today?" Mazikeen asks leaning against the bar, they were both downstairs Mazikeen was working and Orphiel was watching her.

"Yea, I'm nervous though." Orphiel took a sip of the water that she ordered.

"Why you already know she's into women as well as guys, you have nothing to worry about Orphiel." Mazikeen grabs a towel and starts wiping down the bar.

"Yes, but when we almost kissed she wanted to forget that it happened, that broke me Maze, I can't go through that again, I just can't." Orphiel looked down at the bar counter and she saw her face looking back at her.

She can't go through that pain again.

"Her answer may surprise you." Mazikeen had a twinkle in her eye, then it hit Orphiel, maybe Mazikeen knows something she doesn't.

"What do you know Mazikeen?" Orphiel was confused if Mazikeen told her what she knew all of this could've been avoided.

"I can't tell you Orphiel, I'm sorry." Mazikeen truly looked sad, but Orphiel understood because Mazikeen is Chloe's friend, and telling Orphiel would break Chloe's trust and Orphiel never wants to be apart of breaking Chloe's trust.

Orphiel huffed and got up, she decided to walk towards Chloe's house, to find Chloe, and if she wasn't there she was going to change clothes.

As she was walking her thoughts began to wonder, what if this doesn't turn out as she wants it too, what will happen then? She won't be able to stay with Chloe anymore because not only would it be awkward but also too painful for Orphiel to be around her, she will always think about her.

She already does and she's not even with her, she dreams about Chloe, everything she does, she has Chloe in mind, some people may call it obsessed but Orphiel calls it pain. She can't tell Chloe how she feels so her mind is wrapping herself up in the fantasy that she always has Chloe and its not full of disappointment or sadness.

She was finally on the driveway at there house, Orphiel can see that Chloe's car is in the driveway, Orphiel takes a giant breath in and lets it out slowly. She walks slowly towards the door and opens it.

"Hey, Chlo, where are you?" Orphiel calls out, not only to see where Chloe is at but also so she doesn't accidentally shoot her or something.

"I'm in the kitchen," Chloe yells back, Orphiel takes her shoes off and walks towards the kitchen.

"Where is Trixie?" Orphiel says nonchalantly but she's trying to make sure Trixie won't be home in case it goes bad.

"She's at a friend's house." Chloe wasn't paying attention to Orphiel she was making herself some dinner.

"Good, I need to talk to you." Orphiel is trying to get Chloe's attention but she doesn't budge.

"Okay, What about?" Chloe continues stirring her food still not looking at Orphiel.

"It's important Chloe." Orphiel tries again and that finally gets Chloe to look up from her food because she can hear to desperateness in Orphiel's voice.

"Hey, what is it, you can tell me anything." Chloe has a kind look on her face, the same one she gives Trixie when she's hurt.

"It's about the almost kiss we had." Orphiel bites her lip.

"Oh, I told you to just forget about it." Chloe goes back to eating.

"What if I don't want to forget about it?" Orphiel whispers just loud enough that Chloe picked it up.

"What?" Chloe was speechless.

"I don't want to forget about it Chlo." Orphiel tries to touch Chloe but she backs away from her and Orphiel has a frown on her face.

"What are you saying Orphiel?" Chloe was confused.

"I'm saying, I want to have many more actual kisses with you, I want to be your girlfriend Chlo." Orphiel has a small smile on her face but it quickly turns into a frown.

"I need to think about this for a little bit okay?" Chloe gives Orphiel a half-smile and grabs her plate and walks towards her room.

Orphiel stands in the kitchen and decides she was going to go to LUX maybe she just needs a break and Chloe wanted to think which was what Orphiel was going to give her, space the think.

Orphiel tried to not let the tears fall because if she let the tears fall then someone would comfort her and she didn't want comfort at least not by strangers, she wanted her dad but since her dad wasn't there Lucifer will have to do which Lucifer is just fine because he's acting as her father anyway.

She finally arrived at LUX and ran inside, she's sure people gave her weird looks but she didn't care, she ran towards the elevator and pressed a button to go towards the penthouse.

She was glad to see Lucifer was sitting on the couch with a drink in his hand.

"Hello, Orphiel- Darling what's wrong?" Lucifer notices Orphiel's tear-stained face and that makes the dam break for Orphiel, she ran towards Lucifer putting her face into his robe and just cried.

"Darling, what happened?" Lucifer brushed her down comforting her.

"I told Chloe how I feel." It was no secret on how Orphiel feels so Lucifer knew it was coming but he certainly didn't expect this reaction to happen.

"She said she needs to think it over." Orphiel starts crying harder so Lucifer just shushes her and comforts her the best that he can, but what Orphiel needs is Chloe to like her back.