xiv

It's been two weeks since the near-death experience of Chloe's, during that time Orphiel moved into the same room as Chloe, they've gone on four dates and Lucifer has disappeared which Orphiel has told people he just feels guilty but in truth, Orp...

It's been two weeks since the near-death experience of Chloe's, during that time Orphiel moved into the same room as Chloe, they've gone on four dates and Lucifer has disappeared which Orphiel has told people he just feels guilty but in truth, Orphiel is mad that Lucifer left. Orphiel faced her biggest fear and she can't talk to the one person she wants to talk to about it. Even though Linda resuscitated her she doesn't feel like she would understand, Mazikeen would just not care, and Charlotte has been acting weird lately so Orphiel has decided to keep her distance from Charlotte for now.

Since Chloe had the near-death experience surprisingly a lot of good things have come out of it, for one her relationship with Orphiel, it's now a romantic relationship. Every night they sit together on their bed and talk about their day, wheater it's in Orphiel's case and it's a boring day or if it's in Chloe's case it's an action-packed day.

The accident has come with a lot of bad things, they almost lost Chloe and that makes Orphiel worried that Chloe isn't going to come back from work some days, and that would crush Orphiel, when she thinks about it, it makes her breath speed up, she can't think about life without Chloe is Hell for Orphiel and she's been to Hell but it isn't as bad as Orphiel's life would be without Chloe.

Which brings us to now, Orphiel is sitting cross-legged on her bed that she shares with Chloe while Chloe is picking out a work outfit something about Lucifer needs her help.

"Why do you have to go?" Orphiel pouts which Chloe turns around and places a kiss on top of her lips which makes the pout go away quickly.

"Lucifer needs me babe, but I will be home tonight like always, we can have dinner and have tuck Trixie in and have our alone time." Chloe holds out a t-shirt which Orphiel nods her approval.

"I'm holding you to that, you gonna wear a leather jacket tonight?" Orphiel stretches her legs out but doesn't move from the bed.

"Always, you gonna be okay with watching Trixie by yourself?" Chloe turns towards the mirror and straightens up her clothes.

"Of course, I've watched her before." Orphiel shuffles to the end of the bed and lets her feet touch the ground.

"But never as my girlfriend, she could be harsh on you." Chloe sits beside Orphiel and kisses her head.

"She's the one who helped me ask you, babe, She could tell I had feelings for you." Orphiel smiled fondly thinking about how Trixie helped her.

"She's a smart kid isn't she?" Chloe laid her head down on Orphiel's shoulder.

"She is, Dan and you did a good job raising her." Neither of them wanted to move, facing the reality of the world.

"We're only delaying the inevitable babe." Chloe sighs as she gets up, today was her first day back at work which was they're both so nervous. 

"Be safe please Chlo." Orphiel gives her peck on the lips as she walks towards the door and locks it after Chloe leaves.

Orphiel looks around to make sure Trixie isn't around and slides down the door frame, she slowly lets tears run down her face, she's terrified something will happen to Chloe and she can't do anything to protect her. Orphiel has to put her trust in Lucifer that he will keep her safe but Orphiel isn't even sure if he can do that anymore because of the fact that Lucifer ran from Chloe off to where ever.

"Are you okay?" A voice pipes up and Orphiel quickly wipes her tears.

"Yea, I'm fine Trixie." Chloe gives Trixie a fake smile and stands up wiping her pants off.

"You're worried about Mom aren't you?" Trixie skips over and hops up on a barstool.

"How'd you know?" Orphiel gives Trixie a half-smile sitting beside Trixie.

"It's how Dad used to look when they're together, and still does sometimes." Trixie looks down at her fingers.

"You're a good kid you know that?" Orphiel bumps her shoulder lightly against Trixie.

"I know, I'm the best!" Trixie perks up and looks at Orphiel with a smile so bright that Orphiel can't help but give a small laugh and smile with Trixie.

"I never gave you the shovel talk." Trixie thinks out loud putting her finger to her chin.

Now since Orphiel has started dating Chloe she's been given plenty of shovel talks so she's familiar with the concept of it, but she's never been given it by a child before.

"Now Orphiel, I know you like my mom." Trixie faces Orphiel and has a serious look on her face that it takes all Orphiel has not to laugh but she nods trying to hide her giggles.

"My mom has been hurt in the past, I don't want you to hurt her too, you obviously love her and she loves you too. I know people that will hurt you if I ask them too. So don't make me ask them." Orphiel leans back, that was more terrifying then Orphiel was expecting.

"Now, Can I have grilled cheese please?" Trixie asks swinging her legs back and forth.

Instead of responding Orphiel got up and went to the fridge to get out the ingredients for grilled cheese, she was familiar with the kitchen enough that she grabbed a skillet. The recipe that Chloe taught her told her to put butter in it so she did.

"Did mom teach you that?" Trixie points to the skillet which has one bread in it already.

"Yea, she taught me how to cook on our second date." Orphiel smiles remembering the first date while she puts the cheese into the pan on top of the bread.

"Here you go." Orphiel flips the grilled cheese on to the plate and cuts it for Trixie.

"Thanks," Trixie says with her mouth full.

"I gotta take this." Orphiel's phone rang and saw it was Charlotte calling her.

"Hello?"

"You found a way to get back to Heaven?!?"