viii

Recently there has been a string of violent stabbings, now Orphiel hasn't been to one of these crime scenes until now, Chloe invited Orphiel to come to the crime scene because they needed a fresh pair of eyes

Recently there has been a string of violent stabbings, now Orphiel hasn't been to one of these crime scenes until now, Chloe invited Orphiel to come to the crime scene because they needed a fresh pair of eyes. Orphiel can never say no to Chloe so she agrees.

"Where is the crime scene again?" Orphiel is riding on the passenger side of Chloe's car since Orphiel doesn't live with Lucifer anymore Chloe takes her to work when Orphiel goes to work.

"It's at a yoga studio, total massacre so it will be gruesome." Chloe's lip upturns when she thinks about the scene.

"Are you mad at Lucifer?" Orphiel's been noticing that Chloe hasn't been going with Lucifer to crime scenes as much.

"No, I don't know, I guess I'm kind of mad about the Perry situation," Chloe replies unknowing that she's talking to someone who was involved.

"I'm sure Perry will turn up soon." Orphiel hums looking out the window, truthfully she hopes that Perry isn't alive and never turns up because Chloe's life is better without him in it.

"God only knows." Chloe pulls in as Orphiel hides a snort.

Orphiel opens the door and gets out, she waits for Chloe to give the go-ahead which she does so Orphiel goes into the yoga studio. She held her breath this was worse then she imagined blood everywhere.

She saw Lucifer talking to Ella but she didn't go over to say Hi she just continued to survey the crime scene. Orphiel had thought but she wasn't going to tell anyone just yet.

"Miss Lopez and I have an idea." Lucifer walks over to where Orphiel and Chloe were standing, they looked at each other and rolled there eyes.

"You guys gonna tell us?" Chloe crosses her arms looking at Lucifer and Ella with an expectantly look.

"It looks that they stab each other with the same knife," Ella says excitingly which is not exactly a good thing because this is a crime scene.

"A trip to stabby town it seems." Lucifer laughs at the joke he made.

"More like fun town," Orphiel mutters she goes over to look at the stab wounds on the bodies.

"Is this the same wounds as the other stab wounds?" Orphiel asks Ella.

"Yea it does, whoever had this knife before is doing a number on the town." Ella gets up and interacts with Lucifer what they think happens which Chloe and Orphiel both thing is an insane thing that could happen so they don't go back down that road but shortly after being dismissed off of the idea Lucifer leads Ella aware something about needing her help.

On the way home Chloe and Orphiel don't speak, Orphiel lets her mind wander how strange Lucifer was acting, and that scared her. She may have been earth only for a short amount of time but she knew something was up with Lucifer, and Orphiel didn't want to be out of the loop in case she had to protect Chloe from something that Lucifer does, ever since that night that Chloe cried on her Orphiel has felt this overwhelming sense to protect Chloe.

"What do you want for dinner?" Chloe asks as she pulls into the driveway of their house.

"Anything is fine with me." Orphiel doesn't have much of an appetite but she was willing to eat to appease Chloe and her mother henning tendency.

Orphiel busts through the door not bothering to say Hi to Mazikeen or Trixie, she doesn't have enough time to feel sorry right now she has to figure out what is going on.

She looks at the window then looks down at her outfit and decides to change into some nice boots and jeans instead of her cute shirt.

She nods to herself and pulls her hair back, she pushes the window open and looks down below, she checks her pocket to make sure she has her phone and takes a deep breath.

"1"

"2"

"3" Orphiel takes a deep breath and jumps, she surprisingly lands on her two feet. Orphiel looks back up to her open window and sighs, hopefully, Chloe won't be too mad at her.

Orphiel doesn't take a taxi or an uber because she knows how to get to LUX, she decides running would be her best option, it wasn't late so she thinks she would be safe enough.

"Hey Little Mama, wanna try some white gold?" A guy on Orphiel's right stops her in her tracks, she turns towards him and notices that he is holding a tiny bag with white powder in it.

"No thanks," Orphiel mumbles trying to get past the group of guys but they block her path.

"Come on sweetheart." One guy steps up and grabs Orphiel's arm.

"Let me ask you something, do you want to do this forever?" Orphiel looks at the guy who is holding her arm, he squirms trying to not tell the truth but the hold that Orphiel has on him is too strong.

"No I don't, I want to be a baker." The guy lets go of Orphiel's arm and all the guys around them laugh at him.

"If you don't mind, I have somewhere I need to be." Orphiel pats the guy that was holding her on his arm and leaves.

Ten more minutes of walking luckily she was not disturbed and finally makes it to LUX, she passes the guard who he lets walkthrough without a fuss because he's seen her with Lucifer before.

"LUCIFER!" Orphiel yells when she goes to the penthouse and its empty.

"What!" Lucifer comes out in a robe from his room.

"Is something you want to tell me?" Orphiel crosses her arms in front of Lucifer, to anyone else she would look threating but not to Lucifer.

"No?" Lucifer pours himself a drink just how he likes it.

"What's wrong with the knife, something that you aren't telling me?" Orphiel tries to use her mind power but of course, it doesn't work on Lucifer.

"I'll tell you anyway, someone dug up Uriel's grave so they have Azrael's blade, and it's all because Charlotte gave ten people maps to Uriel's grave, all because she wanted to gain God's attention because of Uriel's death."