xvi

Like always there was murder, this time it was different because the murder happened in an insane asylum, which Orphiel has never heard of before so she had Lucifer explain it to her and he said it's where the crazy people go, Orphiel told herself...

Like always there was murder, this time it was different because the murder happened in an insane asylum, which Orphiel has never heard of before so she had Lucifer explain it to her and he said it's where the crazy people go, Orphiel told herself to keep her head down and not talk about herself because she was sure she would be considered crazy and she doesn't need to put sent to that place while she's trying to protect Lucifer.

Speaking of Lucifer, instead of Chloe driving her to the crime scene, Lucifer was, which Orphiel didn't mind but it was still uncommon since she and Chloe got together.

They pulled in right next to Chloe's car which was parked next to the front, Lucifer and Orphiel got out. It wasn't hard to find Chloe and the dead body.

"Hey, Babe." Chloe quickly kissed Orphiel and when Orphiel started kissing back Chloe pulled away which made Orphiel sad but she understood.

"Murder?" Lucifer comes in from behind the two and looks down at the body laying on the floor.

"Confirmed," Dan says from behind the group.

"Blunt-force trauma to the back of the head," Chloe interjects helpfully.

"The victim got hit with this backgammon board." Dan holds up the bloody board which makes Orphiel grimace, she isn't used to the sight of blood yet.

"Not very sportsmanlike." Lucifer lightly jokes.

"Who was he?" Orphiel asks looking down at the man.

"Toby Mulligan, he's 32 and he worked as an orderly here." Chloe looks down at what she has written on her notepad.

"Where was the body found?" Lucifer asks walking around the body.

"The body was found here." Chloe huffs.

"Did you guys interview the staff or patients yet?" Orphiel copies Lucifer's moves and squats down looking at the body.

"No, not yet. It's a psychiatric hospital, so the staff didn't want the patients wigging out the dead body so they're been moving them since it happened." Dan explains to the two who were checking out the body.

"I love the mentally ill, I mean, who isn't amused by someone who thinks they're Elvis or Wesley Snipes. Who found the body?" Lucifer asks the question Orphiel has been waiting for him to ask.

"God Johnson, he's a patient, he's right in there." Chloe points to the door across from them.

"You two would have a lot to talk about." Dan chuckles because of course, they don't know Lucifer is the actual devil.

"I would like to have a chat with the Almighty." Lucifer purses his lips and looks at Orphiel.

"Well you can't, there's a whole bunch of bureaucratic hoops to jump through to set up an interview, the hospital administrator has all the information," Chloe explains and walks off with Dan trailing right behind her.

Orphiel looks at Lucifer and can already tell what he's going to do which is break into the room so Orphiel has no choice but to follow him.

"Well, hello, God," Lucifer smirks, it's clear to Orphiel that Lucifer thinks God Johnson is faking.

"Hello, my son." God turns around and faces the two.

"Right, yes, I suppose that would be the standard way to greet your children." Lucifer laughs but stops short.

"What can I do for you?" God ignores what Lucifer just said.

"Well, it's what I can do for you that's exciting, see, I can reveal the truth about the supreme being you've chosen to impersonate." Lucifer starts to rant but before he can Orphiel puts her hand on his arm and shakes her head.

"Look, if you want to be angry with me, you just go right on ahead." God purses his lips and it makes Orphiel confused, God doesn't talk like this.

"How is this possible? Oh right, I bet you're on some good drugs so why don't you share-zies." Lucifer was interrupted by an orderly coming through the door.

"What are you two doing in here, you aren't supposed to be in here?" The orderly asks flexing his arms when he crosses them.

"Come on Lucifer." Orphiel begins to lightly pull on Lucifer's arm.

"Oh, never mind, I'm done with this fraud anyway." Lucifer starts to walk out the door when God's voice stops them.

"It was really good seeing you Samael." Orphiel could feel Lucifer tense at that comment and started walking out the door with Orphiel.

Ever since they left the hospital Orphiel couldn't get the conversation out of her head, so later she went back, and apparently Lucifer did too because God and Lucifer are tied to some gurneys while a man is talking to them, Orphiel is hiding behind some crates so the man wouldn't see her.

The man was getting closer to God when God started yelling.

"No! Not my belt!" God struggles against the binds.

"You can't take my belt," God says twisting back and forth.

That's when Orphiel finds a pipe and grabs it, she sneaks behind the man and knocked him out.

"Finally!" Lucifer sags when he sees Orphiel.

While Orphiel unties God Johnson she swipes his belt buckle.

"What-What just happened?" God gets up and looks around in panic while Orphiel is untying Lucifer.

"What are you talking about?" Lucifer moves his wrist around getting out the knots.

"Who are you?" God brings his attention to Lucifer.

"It's me, dad. Lucifer." Lucifer had hurt in his eyes and Orphiel held up the belt buckle.

"It was here. that's what Uriel was trying to tell me." Lucifer grabs the buckle and slides it onto the knife, it fit perfectly.

"So that means we have one more piece left?" Orphiel walks out of the hospital with Lucifer in tow.

"We do, then we can go back to Heaven." Lucifer's face brightened up which makes Orphiel think that he changed his mind.

"I should have known he wasn't God," Lucifer says as he gets into the car.

"Why?" Orphiel pulls her seat belt around her.

"He said things that God never would say to me, nice things." Lucifer gives Orphiel a look that says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

As they drive towards Orphiel's house the car goes into silence and it stays that way even after Orphiel gets out.

Orphiel waves bye then breathes out, so it looks like her plans are changing.