xvii

Orphiel, Lucifer, Amenadiel, and Charlotte are all in Linda's office, apparently Amenadiel spilled the beans and she found out they're trying to go back to Heaven and she called them all to her office because she said she would like to talk, which...

Orphiel, Lucifer, Amenadiel, and Charlotte are all in Linda's office, apparently Amenadiel spilled the beans and she found out they're trying to go back to Heaven and she called them all to her office because she said she would like to talk, which brings us to now, Amenadiel, Lucifer and Orphiel are all crammed on the couch while Charlotte insisted on standing.

"So let me get this straight, the four of you plan to use this Flaming Sword to cut through the gates of Heaven and go home, am I getting this right?" Linda crosses her legs, and anyone who knew Linda knew she was pissed at them.

"That's correct." Orphiel had the right to look chastised at Linda's words.

"So what, are you all going on vacation?" Linda asks, that answers Orphiel's question, Linda didn't know the full truth.

"Lucifer didn't tell you? We're all going back to Heaven permanently." Charlotte supplied helpfully but it couldn't be far from helpful, because now Linda will actually be mad at them.

"This obsession with you guys getting home is a bit much, don't you guys think?" Linda gets up and takes a sip of her water that was on her desk.

"That's because only my Lightbringer, can ignite it." By the look on Linda she has no idea that Charlotte is talking about Lucifer.

"Who's the Lightbringer? Amenadiel?" Orphiel puts her over her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"Well that's rude of you Doctor, I'm the Lightbringer." Lucifer feigns hurt but Linda can tell he isn't mad rather amused.

Then before Linda can reply, Lucifer gets a call, it's a case.

||

It turns out it's a very important case helps them get towards them getting the Flaming Sword because the client apparently according to Charlotte has something they need to put the Sword together.

Currently Charlotte is making an exchange with someone who has the key to what they need.

"This is insane." Orphiel mutters from her spot next to Lucifer and Amenadiel.

"If Mother believes her client has found another piece of the Sword, so do I." Like the ever good son Amenadiel is he defends his mother without her being there.

"Oh, such a loyal son." Lucifer rolls his eyes.

"This guy could be conning her Amenadiel." Orphiel looks at Amenadiel like he's crazy.

"She seems to be doing just fine." When Amenadiel says that Charlotte pulls out a brief case and puts it on the table.

"That's not that money is it?" Orphiel looks at Amenadiel and Lucifer with panic in her eyes.

"Of course not, she wouldn't bring it to the meeting." Amenadiel laughs weakly, it's clear that her actions are making Amenadiel nervous.

"I mean that would be absurd, she's just showing it to him." Lucifer tries to rationalize this.

"It's not like she's gonna hand it to him before he gives her the piece, now she's letting him leave." Orphiel sighs when the guy leaves with the case.

Charlotte is walking over to the three of them.

"He has what we need in his safe in the back room." Charlotte smirks confidently.

"Mum, you just handed him a briefcase full of cash with no proof whatsoever he even has what we need." Lucifer tries to explain to Charlotte.

"He's a client of mine, darling, he wouldn't dream of conning me." Charlotte smirks and then walks off.

"I need to go, call me when you find the piece." Orphiel can tell she was getting upset so she decided to go home, someone had to watch Trixie when she gets home from school.

||

It doesn't take long before Orphiel gets a call from Lucifer telling her to get over to LUX quickly, apparently they found the piece.

"Hey Babe, I know you just got home but Lucifer needs me." Orphiel tells Chloe who was making dinner.

"Alright, probaly to talk about the case, will you be home for dinner?" Chloe asks cutting up some carrots.

"Yea, it shouldn't take me long." Orphiel steps over and kisses Chloe.

"I love you!" Chloe yells as Orphiel walks out the door.

Instead of walking Orphiel decides to take a taxi, hailing one doesn't take her long and it takes even less time for him to get to LUX.

She pays the fare when she gets out and quickly walks to the elevator, she presses the button and was suprised at what she saw, Lucifer, Amenadiel and Charlotte where all gathered around a slab.

"Can you read this?" Charlotte pushes the slab into Orphiel's hands once she walks through the door.

Orphiel looks down at the slab and she can't make out anything.

"I can't, I'm sorry." Orphiel winces when Charlotte groans.

"Figure out a way to translate this, I'm going to talk to someone." Charlotte huffs and walks towards the elevator.

"Any ideas?" Lucifer asks taking the slab from Orphiel and sitting it down on the counter.

"Let me try?" Amenadiel asks before carefully picking up the slab.

Taking a deep breath Amenadiel starts reading.

"God shattered the Flaming Sword into three distinct pieces, The Blade of Death" Amenadiel bites his lip as he reads.

"Azrael's blade." Orphiel nods her head looking at the sword which was near by.

"The Medallion of Life."

"That would be Johnson's belt buckle"

"And the key that binds them all together." Amenadiel huffs and sits the slab on the counter.

"Well, keys don't bind, they unlock." Orphiel huffs.

"It says that God entrusted the key to his favorite son." Amenadiel looks towards Lucifer.

"I don't have any keys but the piano keys." Lucifer plays the piano keys to show them.

"Did you bring anything from hell with you?" Orphiel asks and Amenadiel pipes up before Lucifer could.

"Your ring! I've never seen you without it, maybe that's the key." Amenadiel hands over the blade.

Lucifer huffs as he slides the ring over the sword and then something else happens.

"Is that key around your neck or are you just happy to see me?" Lucifer points to Amenadiel's necklace which was floating towards the sword.

"It looks like he entrusted it to you, Amenadiel." Orphiel smirks.

Well, now that the sword was complete they can go to Heaven which is what Orphiel wants, right?