The Birth of the Golden Angel

Screams, that's all she heard as she jumped to wherever she was. She opened her eyes and looked around. The only thing she saw that she recognized was an orange sky, and orange grass surrounded her. On the horizon, there was a giant glass dome. However, she was in a small town, where smoke was rising around her as Daleks descended. One landed in front of her and she instantly took out her gun and began firing at it, backing up as she did but the blasts did nothing to the Dalek as it said: "Exterminate." And got ready to fire only for it to be destroyed before it could fire. "Are you crazy?" A voice said, as someone pulled her away from the now destroyed Dalek and into a room. She looked up at the person who had rescued her and saw a male "That gun can't do crap to a Dalek why do you have it?" the man asked, "Do you want to be killed by the Daleks?"

"No," Alyssa finally said and looked around her before whispering "I'm on Gallifrey, during the last great time war. Oh god." As she realized how much danger she was in. She looked back up at the man and said: "Sorry, who are you?"

"Not crazy like you are." He said, "before I tell you who I am, you need to tell me who you are."

"I am," Alyssa started before she stopped and looked around before she finally remembered what she chose, "the Seer." She said, she chose it because she remembered that she had dreams of different future events. They were small but they still counted.

"Well Seer, my name isn't important, now if you don't mind stay here while I go kill some Daleks."

"Let me help, do you have another gun. Trust me I know how to use it," Alyssa said, and the man looked at her and contemplated what she said before he finally nodded and gestured for her to follow him. Which she did, he led her to a bunker and took her to a weapon room. He went forward and picked up a gun handed her as more screams sounded outside. Alyssa took the gun looked at it and blinked as a memory on how to use it flooded through her head. She cocked it and nodded at the man. They left the bunker and started fighting. Killing every Dalek, they saw, to protect the town, they were in. until there were no more Daleks left. She dropped her gun with a gasp, and the man looked at her, "you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just I like saving species not killing them," Alyssa said, as she picked the gun back up,

"Well you will need to get used to it, you're a good fighter, I would love to have you in my squadron." He said holding out his hand for her to shake. Alyssa stared at it for a second. She knew that if she was going to stay here, for however long she stayed here. To stay alive during the Last Great Time War she would need to fight. She nodded as she took the man's hand. She joined the battle against the Daleks. She hoped that she would jump back to the Doctor soon.

Weeks had passed, Alyssa was taken by the man to the Capitol of Gallifrey where she was put through intense war training. During this time she remembered most of her past from Gallifrey, she remembered how to fly a Tardis, and what she was before the Time Lords kidnapped her, she was an inventor, she made different devices for the Time Lords to use in battle, some of them still being used to this day. That's why she was so good with the computer at the Library, she spent several years working with Technology. That is what she was tasked with by the man she met, invent new weapons for them to use. However, that wasn't the only thing she did after she completed her training. She was tasked with going and destroying Dalek ships from the inside. Which she created bombs that once placed in a Dalek ship could be used to destroy remotely. She helped prevent the Daleks from gaining more weapons that could be used against them. She didn't know it at the time however, her squadron was tasked with helping the Doctor destroy the Dalek fleets in the Tantalus eye, where the Daleks were building a weapon called a Temporal Cannon that could wipe a person from existence. To prevent them they had to stop the Daleks there.

She didn't know how much time had passed while she fought in the Tantalus Eye. But to her, it felt like years. Yet she didn't jump back to the future version of the Doctor. Something was keeping her there, and she had no idea what it was. While in the Tantalus Eye, her squadron used the bomb she created to destroy Dalek ships. But there was too much of them, and soon they were the ones pushed out of the Tantalus Eye, not the Daleks. The final days of the Time war fast approached. Tensions rose on Gallifrey as the Doctor was marked as a traitor to the Time Lords. Which is when Alyssa found out that she was following the Doctor's orders when she was in the Tantalus eye. She demanded to be taken to him, but instead the man that saved her when she first landed in the Time war turned her into the Council. Since she was known as an affiliate of a now known traitor. which made her a traitor since it was obvious, she would do anything for the Doctor but not the Time Lords. She was instantly recognized, the Doctor's work to keep her safe, was for nothing.

She was quickly imprisoned as they tried to figure out what the Time Vortex was doing to her and how they could use it to win the war. Endless nights of prodding followed, which brought back her memories of Gallifrey back completely, her family, which had died in the early days of the war. Her time at the Academy. Her brother, who may have been the Doctor's best friend but was also her big overprotective brother.

"Tanda." A voice said that aroused Alyssa from her sleep. She was left alone for the night to keep her healthy. Which to the Time Lords allowed them to conduct their tests. Alyssa opened her eyes to see the Master before her. "Koschei?" she said, and the man smiled. It was the version of the Master that she met at the End of Time, The war Master.

"Come on we don't have much time." He said as he cut open the bonds that kept her there. She got up and followed him as he led her through the halls of the prison and out of it. Tears escaped her eyes as she stared at the Master and took him into a hug. "I have a plan, to get us out of the time war." He said, when they broke apart, as he held up a fob watch

"No," Alyssa said, "I can't come with you, I know where you end up Koschei and you will meet my regeneration before this. I can't come with you. I have to stay here."

"The Time Lords will find you again." The master said, in protest, but Alyssa shook her head and said "I promise I will be alright, but you need to go. I can't leave until this is done. There has been too much death on both sides. And from those who had no part to play in this war. I am not leaving, and I don't think I can until this is all over." The Master nodded, and Alyssa leaned up and kissed him on the cheek before pushing him away. "Now go!" and the Master took off. Alyssa looked around and saw that she was in the second city of Gallifrey: Arcadia. A burning sensation filled her head as the Time Vortex for the first time started burning her. Giving her the power, she only saw once before when she watched Rose do what she was about to do.

"no more." She said, as she watched 1000's of ships descend and with a wave of her hand they disappeared, dissolving into golden dust, but she knew as she saw all of time and space, that she just delayed the inevitable fall of Arcadia. She fell to the ground as the Time Vortex burned her mind, but it never completed burning her, as she was saved the last second, as a familiar sound of the Tardis, her Tardis started filling the air. She looked behind her as she saw an old version of the Tardis appear before she disappeared in a flash of golden light. Which allowed enough time vortex to be expelled to save her life. She didn't care where she landed as she started sobbing in relief. The Doctor that was inside the Tardis stepped out and said, "where did you bring me now." It was the War Doctor, as he kicked the machine, he looked up at the sky as he watched golden dust fly through the air, above him and right in front of him. That night Acadia praised a person they didn't know existed and dubbed her the Golden Angel. As she had saved them all. The story of Alyssa spread out across the stars. As the only name they knew of her was 'the Golden Angel' time had passed before more stories started arising, from different planets as the future version of her saved more and more people. Being an angel with the storm.

Author's Note: I know that the three paragraphs are a bit of a bummer to explain the Time war from Alyssa's point of view, but that was the best way to explain everything that happened in one chapter. If you want a one shot of a mission she takes please let me know and I will write it, it will just take some time. I loved writing this chapter so much, and I hope you guys enjoyed it. Things for Alyssa will be quite different from now on.