The Girl in the Fireplace

The Tenth Doctor found Alyssa frozen kneeling in the Library. "Alyssa?" he said softly as he walked over to her, she blinked and looked up at him she opened her mouth to say something but a golden mist escaped her mouth, she let out a groan "now really now?" she said as she put her head in her hand. The Doctor kneeled in front of her "Did you just regenerate?" he asked; Alyssa just nodded as her eyes rolled into the back of her head for the second time in two weeks. The Doctor picked her up and brought her to the med bay before sitting by the bed he placed her in.

Hours had passed until she finally expelled the last of the regeneration energy from her mouth and woke up. She let out a gasp as she sat up and looked at the Doctor "how did you regenerate?" he instantly asked,

"A stupid scientist who didn't know I wasn't human." she said before she stood up. "I can't tell you more than that. It's in your future. I haven't seen my new body yet," the Doctor nodded as he reached out his hand for her to take, which she did. The Doctor instantly pulled Alyssa with him to a wardrobe and put her in front of a mirror. She smiled as she looked at herself, "Ginger. I know you've always wanted to be ginger." she said to the Doctor

"Ill get over it; you're beautiful." The Doctor said; she blushed as she went back in inspecting her body before she frowned, "What is it?" the Doctor said,

"The jacket, it doesn't suit this body. Do you have any leather jackets that have bigger on the inside pockets?" The Doctor frowned as he disappeared, going deeper into the wardrobe. There was silence until he let out an "Ah ha!" and came back to her with a leather jacket in hand. "Here you go" he said as he held it out to her. She smiled as she took it and looked back at her body, and among the various clothes around them, "I'm gonna change. Can you leave?" Alyssa said, and the Doctor nodded and left.

It took Alyssa 30 minutes before she was ready to leave the wardrobe. She chose something simple, but it was much better than what she was wearing before. She smiled as she put the leather jacket on, which was now full of all the things the Doctor had put in it when she first got it. "Alyssa?" The Doctor's voice sounded from outside the wardrobe, "Yeah?" Alyssa called back.

"Mickey wants a trip, and I was thinking of putting the Tardis on random. Are you ready?" he said; Alyssa let out a sigh as she walked out of the wardrobe to the Doctor.

"How do I look?" she said,

"Beautiful, you were right. The leather suits you." the Doctor said as he offered his hand to her, "Shall we?" Alyssa just smiled and took his hand. The two made their way to the Console room. Rose and Mickey were waiting. It took them less than 2 minutes to send the Tardis off. They exited the Tardis on a spaceship. Alyssa stepped out and looked around.

"It's a spaceship. Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go." Mickey said as he exited the Tardis as well.

"It looks kind of abandoned. Anyone onboard?" Rose asked,

"Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. Well, not that dangerous." The Doctor said as Alyssa walked over to some controls.

"I can scan for anything Dangerous if you want me to, Doc." She said, and the Doctor nodded at her

"So, what's the date? How far we gone?" Rose asked,

"Alyssa, you want to try?" The Doctor said; Alyssa looked up and focused on the area around her,

"About 3000 years in Rose's and Mickey's future?" Alyssa guessed, and the Doctor smiled, indicating that she was right.

"Yep" The Doctor said as Alyssa pulled up a switch, and a window above them opened up and showed a Cluster of stars.