ME AFTER YOU

Its been three months since Michael left. And am not feeling any better. Its a Friday and am stuck home watching Family Guy while eating Doritos and blueberry Ice cream. Am actually enjoying my me time when my phone rings.

"Zi" I say as I pick up the call
"What you doing?"
"Nothing much. Just watching family guy."
"So that means you don't have any plans for tonight ?"Wezi asks me over the phone.
"What do you mean no plans. This is a plan..."
"Am not going to allow you to stress eat while you binge on family guy. Am on my way home by the time I get there you should be dressed up. You and i are going out tonight."
"No we not..."
"Yes we are. You owe me and this how you going to pay me back."
"You now blackmailing me."
"I'll do a hell lot worse than that if I don't find you ready."
"Yes mom."
"Don't mess up my mood today. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

Am in no mood to put up with Wezis antics so I just get my lazy self up,take a quick shower and dress up in a simple casual wear. Jeans and an off shoulder top.

True to her word 30 minutes later Wezi was home with her boyfriend Jonas. They were such a cute couple but they could get crazy and noisy sometimes.

"Is that what you are wearing?"
"Yes. What's wrong with with it?"
"We are going for a late night dinner then club hopping and you choose to wear..."
"Babe if she feels comfortable in that then let her be."gosh Jonas I wish I could buy him a Ferrari which he doesn't need as his hella rich..."The most important thing is she's coming with us. We've always wanted to go out with her. So let's not ruin it by making her change."

"Okay what ever goes."Wezi says as she grabs her purse from the table."Lets go. And you Missy ..."she says while pointing at me "You gonna enjoy your self okay?"

"Yes mom."

   We arrived at the restaurant 15 minutes after we left our apartment. The restaurant was really high class and I had no problem joining them for this dinner because the restaurant belonged to Jonas.
  Not that I was the type to leech off other people but because I once worked here when he just opened it and my payment has always been free food.

"Some of my friends will be joining us. I hope you don't mind Tasha."Jonas said as he led us to terrace.
"Nope she doesn't mind..."Wezi chirped in even before I could process what Jonas had just said. I wouldn't even protest with the death glare she was giving me.
"Yes I don't mind."
"Are you sure. I really want you to enjoy yourself tonight ."
"Am sure."I said and gave him a smile.

Jonas was always the sweet kind of man.Wezi and I met him when we had just joined university.He was always nice and fell in love with her on the first day.But my best friend wasn't the type to be tied down.It took her four good years to give the guy a chance and am happy that she did.I've never seen her this happy with someone and I've known her for all the 22 years of my life.

I mean that like literally.Wezi grandmother and my grandmother were once friends but lost touch due to distance but met about 30 years later the day we were born. From the way mom says it,it was a reunion. It was even worse when they discovered we lived across the street to them. My Grammies practically moved in with us(Wezi grandma moved in with them and so did my grandmother) .But after my grandmother got sick she moved to a nursing home and Wezis grandma moved with her so she could keep her company.

Wezi has always been my go to person. I have other friends but no one can tolerate me like she does. I mean literally that. I can be annoying, uninteresting,bossy all those negative things but she's always been by my side.