GIVE THE GUY SOME CREDIT

JENI'S P.O.V

Dads words keep playing in mind even as I open my apartment door.

When I get in I find Tasha seated on the kitchen counter with a bow of Ice cream  in front of her.

She seems so engrossed in whatever she's looking at on her phone that she doesn't notice my presence .

I take a minute to asses her situation just to know what exact mood she's in before I can interrupt her because her hormones are usually all over the place .

She's wearing black bum shots,a white vest with a pair of reading glasses at the tip of her nose. Her thick black hair is packed on top of her head in a messy bun. She's biting her lips and looking at the screen intently like she's expecting whatever she's looking at to come to life.

I know that look.

Its the look she usually has when she's reading one of her thriller and sci-fi novels.

She bites her lower lip harder.

Yep am right.

I sigh and take soft steps to where she is so that I do not startle her.

"Hey"I say to her softly as I occupy the empty seat right  in front of her.

"Oh hey"She says with a smile "I didn't hear you come in. Have you been here long?"She asks as she rests her head in her palm.

"No"I say " I literally walked in about two minutes ago"

"Oh wow. These books seem to always hypnotize me."She says with a pout.

Her face is all chubby.

This kid seems to like the mom all chubby and meaty. She is almost 5 months I guess that's why she has added the extra meat.

"I could tell its one of your blacklist type of books"I tease " but ain't they supposed to be enhancing your hearing instead of replacing it?"

"I know but in my defense is I locked the door. You only managed to get in cause you have the key card. Plus the security in this building makes me feel like some presidents lost child "She points out

"Nice. Guess you really thought about it?" I respond

"Yes I have."She says with a mouth full of ice cream. Once she swallows she continues though totally Changing the topic "How are you?I missed you and am happy yo see you but I wasn't expecting to see you today .Warrant you supposed to spend the weekend at the Lee residence?She asks as she puts a spoon full of ice cream in her mouth

I sigh as I gather my courage narrate the whole  Ordeal to my best friend

"I honestly never liked your so called aunt from the first time I met her. Her over pimped face and over done clown makeup just gave out the whole Cruela De'vil  vibe .I guess my mommy bear instincts were  right."she says with a hiss and continues "and Annie Lee is just jealous she can't have some of that yummy chocolate magic stick you have at your disposal"