HIS THE **** FATHER TO MY SON

"Not what you going through exactly but I understand that it can't be easy. " he says softly. "How far along are you ?"

"Am almost 8 weeks" I say with a weak smile.

"Wow. And how are you feeling? Any morning sickness?" He asks softly.

"Am good. No morning sickness but I have terrible food aversions and its crazy." I say with a laugh

"Have you thought of telling him?" he asks innocently.

"No. He just got married and I don't want to be that person who causes complications in their marriage." I say "I hope you can respect that?"

"Yes I do."

I give him the 'are you sure look'

"I promise.."

"Thank you " I say honestly.

"Any time. " he says with a smile " If you need anything. Whatever it is please don't hesitate to tell me."

"I won't. " the a thought clicks in my head "Don't you feel like you would be betraying him?"

"He betrayed me first so this settles the score." He half laughs "and most of all keeping you safe and happy really feels personal to me."

"How do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"My grandma was in a similar situation." He says calmly.

"Nena?" I ask

"No. My maternal grandmother." He clarifies "though the situation is a bit more different from yours."

"Okay?"

"Sia . That was her name " he continues " Her and Nena were best friends for so many years. As you know Nena was from a rich family but not Sia. She could hardly afford college so when Nena decided to get Married to my grandfather at a very young age she employed Sia so she could be able to pay for college."he says while playing with his hands and concentrating his gaze in my direction . "How they met is a little of a mystery  but They loved each other deeply. Nena trusted her with all she had and so when Nena had to travel to France due to some health issues after 2 years of marriage she left Sia in charge of her home and some other businesses because the husband couldn't manage to handle everything alone who at that time had graduated from business school "

He took a short breath and continued.

I could tell this wasn't easy for him at all and it meant a lot to me that he was sharing it with me.

I started playing the story in my head so I could clearly understand everything.

"Nena was out of the country for 3 years. And a year after she left Sia and Caleb my grandmother kinda fell in love and had an affair..."

"Even after Nena came back with my 3 year old aunt Clarissa the affair continued. Nena had no idea what was going on right under her nose till she found out her best friend was 3 months pregnant through a doctors report accidentally mailed to her office.

She was so excited to know that her best friend was pregnant and went to surprise her with gifts for the baby.

*****

"Oh my God Sia how could you hide something like that from me?" Arlène asked her best friend excitedly after handing her the medical report she had received.

"Hey come on you beat me to it by reading my mail without my permission."Sia replied as she grabbed the envelope from her best friend in frustration.

"Hey am talking about the father of the child"

"What do you mean!"Sia asked in a high pinched tone as she panicked thinking her best friend had found out the truth

"Hey come down I should be the one being pissed here. You the one hiding the fact that you started seeing someone from me." Arlène says while crossing her arms on her chest and rolling her eyes at her best friend.

"Oh that"Sia says in relief "if I had someone I would have surely told you but it happened once. A one night stand with a man I met at a bar."

"Bar?" Arlène shouts in unbelief "you don't even drink."

"I know. But I attended a party of one of my class mates and that's when it happened ."

"Oh. So why didn't you tell me?" She asks softly.

" hey you know I've never really managed to keep a man for long and I keep changing men  just to satisfy my needs and I just don't wanna bother you about it."

"Hey you can never bother me you know that. I love you deeply more than life itself." Arlène says as she sits next to her best friend and takes her hands in hers "so what you going to do about the baby? Are you going to keep it?" She asks her softly.

"Uuummm I don't know. What am sure of is am going to take that job offer in Ivory cost."

"Wait?So you leaving me?"Nena asks her with teary eyes.

"I have to. I can't be always be a around you because I won't grow."she says as tears roll down her cheeks. "I've always been here. Waiting for you to come back. This time I want to do this for me. Let me go Arlène"Sia pleaded to her best friend .

Arlene's heart hurts to hear so but she doesn't push it because somehow Sia was right. She's always been doing things according to how she wants them to be. Never disputing or complaining.

I bet she could let her go.

To let her spread her wings and let her live her life according to her own terms.

*****

"Sia left for ivory coast. Staid there for 15 years. She would call once in while but that was it. Nena continued with her life without any idea of anything that ever happened till my father was 16 and developed a very rare kind of cancer which needed some kind of bone marrow donation but unfortunately Sia own couldn't match her son's own"

*****

"What did the doctor say?" Arlène asked Sia when she got into the ward where Her best friends son Faisal was lying.

"He urgently needs to be operated on other wise we will lose him."Sia said as tears streamed down her face." but I can't even help him cause we somehow don't match"

"What of the father?"The doctor questioned "you said you could ask him to help?"

"I doubt that's possible. She doesn't know him." Arlène responded on her best friends behalf

"Where's Caleb?I thought you said you came ..."

"Why are asking for him now when we looking for a solution to..."

"He is the solution!"Sia snapped at her best friend  "His the fucking father to my son!"

"What?" Arlène couldn't believe her ears .

******