SUPER MAN/ GUNS BLAZING

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what exactly?"Caleb asked with his face full of confusion.

"To save me? I had everything unde..."

"Wait?" he asks Rhetorically while raising his palm "Is that why you called me here? To waste my time with your you hand everything under control speech?"

"Yes. What were you expecting a Thankyou present?"She responds with her eyebrows raised.

"Nope. Actually I wasn't expecting anything but a Thankyou could have sufficed. I put my whole integrity on the line for you..."

" Nobody asked you."she spit back.

"Yes no body did but I was just looking out for a workmate. But since you do not understand team building and ethics of a being team player I'll just walk out of here straight to the doctors office and tell him I had no idea..."

"You wouldn't?"she asked after suddenly being filled with fear.

"Watch me do it?He would be upset with me but he will get over it;After all am his golden student. But am not sure about one Doctor Lee whose latetest residential report isn't so glamourious and is 3 months behind handing in their ...."

"I get it"She finally says "What do you want?A sorry?"

"Yes that and a lunch date..."

"Don't push to far Kozelo!"

"Doctor Mark must be..."

"Fine. Will do dinner tomorrow night and its only cause we are doing the night shift together."With that she storms out of the room.

Caleb remains smiling thinking of how this little stupid sacrifice scored him a date with the cutest doctor in the hospital.

*****

(Present day)

JENI'S P.O.V

"From that first food we shared you charmed me in more ways than I could have imagined.

You were funny,kind,generous,loving and smart. I didn't even know i could find all these qualities in one person but you had them all.

I remember how you dedicated all your free time in helping me finish my paper even when I was ungrateful and moody. You never stopped pushing and being nice to me. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have got such high recommendation from Dr. Mark." I say softly .Recalling the good things Caleb had ever done for me.

"You deserved it. I just helped you see yourself again. You had achieved so much at a young age and I couldn't have allowed something like that dent your bright future."He says to me just before he sips his coffee.

That's how Caleb is. Takes life casually and undermines his selflessness. If the world had about 10 people like him it would be a better place.

"I know to you it meant nothing. To me it meant everything. "I say honestly " to me it meant everything. In my life no had really ever rendered me help or had ever taken the time to look at me and see that I was struggling to hold it together till you came along.

At home no one really bothered about me cause I kinda seemed to have everything under control even though I was young. Having your parents fighting and an alcoholic mom can make you mature fast.

Reading was my escape route.

For school no one really bothered about me. People only talked to me if they needed help with school work or if their father or family members needed help getting a job or a promotion.

Only granny ever really knew or noticed me. And when passed I was shattered. Jae Hwa has always been my defender and protector. Something she naturally had for me because I was younger. She literally controlled my dress code and school itenerally so that no one could bully me in any kind of way when she was there or wasn't .But that's all I got from her. Unconditional love and pampering.

But with you I was your equal. You created a level where I could be needy and weak and you couldn't judge me. You gave without asking,being with me even when I didn't want you there . Helping me but not because I was weak but because you were a man that loved me.

You loved me in a way no one has ever loved me. I know am not the easiest person to love but you loved me anyway and for that am grateful"
At this point I reached out for his hand and my heart leaped for joy when he didn't stop me.

I looked at him with my tear stained eyes and decided to say something I hadn't thought I would ever in my life.

"I love Caleb Faisal Kozelo. I love you beyond words beyond anything I know. I've always been scared to reach out to the deepest part of me because of my parents relationship but I've realized I've just been depriving myself from being happy with fear of the unknown. But this time that I've spent without have been the hardest.

I thought getting married was bad till I tasted living without you. I can't Caleb. I can't survive without you. You are the love of my life,the only man I've ever desired with all that I am. My super man."I raise from the bed and drop to knees while I place my head on his laps "I know am not worthy but can you give me this opportunity to submit to you my king. Be the woman that bears your children and stands by you for life. I'll marry you Caleb that's if you still want to marry me."

"What do you mean still?"He asks coldly

"As in maybe you've changed..."

I deep laugh from Caleb erupts from Caleb chest and am taken aback.

"What's funny?"I ask in confusion

"What makes you think I would change my mind? I've known I would marry you since the first day you raises your voice at me in Doctor Marks office but since you were stubborn I thought you needed more time to make up your mind I just didn't expect this confession and it to be this short."He says and continues laughing then picks me up from the floor where I was kneeling and pulls me into his arms "I love you Jeni. I love you in a way I can't help it. You are kind, funny, hotheaded, courageous ,considerate and smart. I knew you loved me in your own screwed up way and you just needed something to remind you. I'll make you my wife even before you can blink"

And I sealed those words with a kiss.

I love you Caleb.

So so much

More than life its self.

"I can't wait to be your wife Caleb Faisal Kozelo. My Super Man."

"JENI CHINSUN LEE KOZELO. I can't wait to get you pregnant."

"Why don't we head to your apartment so that we can do a little practice"I say while biting my teeth and loosening my coat exposing my skimpy dress

"Whoo"he exclaims with his eyes popping "you really came for wall neh?"

He says with his eyes analysing me like I was a medical problem but his seductive lip biting gives him away.

"Yes baby. I came here guns blazing ready to fight for my superman"

"Let's get out of here before I take you right here right now on this hospital bed"He growls into my ears causing chills down my spine to my center

"As you wish your majesty"

*****