IV. Sleeping at Stan's

Fleur Blackwood bikes through the streets of Derry, Maine

Fleur Blackwood bikes through the streets of Derry, Maine. As she feels the wind blow her hair back, she comes to a sudden stop, looking around and sighing. It's no hope. She's better off just going home.

Right as she prepares to turn back, a voice behind her stops her. "Fleur?" A boy asks, causing the blonde to spin around, smiling as she sees Stanley, standing on his porch. "Hey! I didn't know you lived here." She smiles charismatically. That smile was the Blackwood family's charm. Every one of them had such a charming smile.

"What are you doing here?" The curly headed boy asks curiously, walking down the front steps and approaching the girl. "I was tryna find somewhere to sleep. Henry and his idiot friends are over at my place. Addy's busy, and I realized that I don't really have any other friends.. so.." She sighs, placing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, well- um." Stanley sighs, turning to look back at his house, then returns his gaze to the girl. "Hold on, stay here." He says, leaving the girl once again to herself as he runs inside, slamming the door shut.

••••

10 minutes have already passed and Stanley hasn't come out. Fleur sighs, assuming that Stanley wouldn't be coming out again. She gets on her bike, preparing to set off. "Hey, Fleur! Wait up!" Stanley opens the door, calling out.

"It took a lot of convincing, but my parents said you could stay over. Come on, my mom just made dinner." He smiles, holding the door wide open. Fleur smiles, dropping her bike on the front lawn and entering the warm Uris residence.

"Nice place, Uris." She smiles, looking around the neat house. There was no dust in sight. "Stanley! Bring your friend and don't forget your kippah. Shabbat dinner is very important!" Mrs. Uris calls out, setting a huge loaf of challah bread onto the wooden dining table. "I know, Mom!"

Fleur takes a seat, quickly noticing that no one else was sitting down. "Oh, we stand for the blessings." Stanley whispers, looking down at the girl. "Oh." Fleur says, quickly standing up, knocking back her chair in the process. It hits the floor with a loud thud, startling the Uris family.

"Sorry." Fleur says, gritting her teeth and shutting her eyes closed in embrassement as she bends down to pick up the chair. "Alright, are we ready to begin?" Mr. Uris asks, looking to the blonde. She looks down at the floor, then nods. Stanley looks to the girl and can't help but laugh a little bit.

He kept quiet though, his father wouldn't be too pleased if there was another interruption. After the general blessing, it was time to light the candles.

Mrs.Uris lights the two candles, then covers her eyes with her hands as she remains standing. Stanley and Mr. Uris took their seats . Stanley nudges the girl beside him, making an eye covering motion. "Sorry." She sighs, placing her hands over her eyes as Mrs. Uris recites the blessing.