VI. The Bird Book

"The ritual

"The ritual. To perform it, it requires a sacrifice." Mike says. "Sacrifice. I nominate Eddie." Richie says, pointing to Eddie. "Wait what?" Eddie asks with a worried expression.

"Cause you're little. You'll fit on a barbecue." Richie responds. "I'm 5'9 that's like average height for most of the world." Eddie argues. "It's not that kind of a sacrifice." Fleur cuts in.

"The past is buried but you're gonna have to dig it up. Piece by piece. And these pieces, these artifacts, that's why we're here. They are what you'll sacrifice. And since Stan isn't here to find his, I figured we should all be here together to find it." Mike says, looking to Fleur.  "I think Bill just did that." Eddie says, placing the shower cap on his head.

•••••

They all exit the clubhouse, standing around outside. "Okay, Mike. So, Where do we find our tokens?" Eddie asks. "Yeah, I got to be honest, man. With all do respect, this is stupid, alright? Why do we need tokens? We already remember everything! Saving Bev, defeating It, I mean- were caught up!" Richie argues.

"That's not everything. We fought it. But, what happened after that? Before the house on Neibolt. Think." Mike says. "We c-c-c-can't remember." Bill says. "See, there's more to our story. What happened that summer. And those blank spaces, like pages torn out of a book, that's what you need to find. We need to split up. You each need to find your artifact alone. That's the point. And when you do, meet me at the library tonight." Mike concludes.

"Splitting up sounds like the most idiotic plan I've ever heard, Mike. I mean- have you never watched a horror movie?" Fleur asks.

"Yeah, I got to say. Statistically speaking, survival skills, we would do much better as a group." Eddie argues. "Yeah. Splitting up would be dumb, man. I agree with Fleur and Eds. "We gotta go together, alright? We were together that summer, right!" Richie shouts. "Nope. Not that wh-whole summer." Bill cuts in, shaking his head.

"Take it back!" Bill shouts, then punches Richie right in the face. Richie falls back, then is helped up and held back by Stanley and Mike. "You're just a bunch of losers! Fuck off!" Richie shouts.

"Stop!" Beverly cuts in, causing Bill and Richie to stand still and look to the red head. "We were all together when we hurt It. That's why we're still alive!" She shouts. "Yeah? Well, I plan to keep it that way." Richie says, walking away and bumping Bill's shoulder. The others make their way behind Richie, leaving only Bill and Beverly.

•••••

Fleur gets out of her car, taking a deep breath before walking up to her childhood home. She slowly makes her way up the porch steps, then knocks on the door. About a minute passes and she assumes no one's home.