III. Don't Leave

"That's what Pennywise does, right? He fucks with us

"That's what Pennywise does, right? He fucks with us. Stanley's probably fine. Right, Fleur?" Eddie asks, turning to the blonde as they make their way out.

Fleur sadly shakes her head, wiping away a tear. "Oh.." Eddie sighs. "I'm really sorry, Fleur." Beverly says, sending her a sympathetic look. "Hey, Richie!" A young boy calls out from behind them.

The adults all slowly come to a stop, spinning around. "How'd you.. how'd you know my name?" Richie asks in confusion. "The fun's just beginning, right?" The boy smiles, not moving for a moment.

Fleur feels chills crawl up her spine, causing her to instantly feel uncomfortable. "Listen, you think this is funny? Think this is some sort of game, huh? Well, fuck you, Alright?! Fuck you! I'm not afraid of you!" Richie yells, grabbing the boy's arm and shaking him.

"Richie!" Fleur shouts at the man. The boy, who looks quite frightened, makes a confused look. "The fun's just beginning. The line from your act, dude. I'm a fan!" The boy explains.

"Are those your parents?" Richie asks awkwardly, pointing to the two adults behind the boy. "Holy shit." Fleur mutters under her breath, placing her hand on her forehead in frustration.

"Yeah." The boy responds, looking back at his parents who were now making their way over. "Do you want a picture?" Richie asks. "I think I'm good." The little boy replies, squinting his eyes.

"Well, he's a good kid." Richie says to the parents, who certainly do not look pleased. "Jesus, Richie. You don't remember a line from your own show?" Fleur asks. "I don't write my own material." He replies.

"I fucking knew it! I fucking knew it!" Eddie shouts from behind them as they exit out. While Eddie and Richie have a fight with Mike, Fleur and Beverly talk for a bit. "He passed yesterday. It was horrible, the way he died. His wrists..." Fleur trails off, crying.

"In the bathtub..." Beverly finishes. "I'm sorry, I can't talk about this right now." Fleur sniffles. "We're all very sorry, Fleur." Beverly replies, giving her friend a hug. "Thank you." The blonde says.

"Stanley. Pennywise knew. He knew before we did." Eddie states. "We have to stop him. I have a plan." Mike says, motioning towards his book. "I got a plan. Get the fuck out of Derry before this ends worse than one of Bill's books. Who's with me?" Richie asks, which Eddie agrees.

"We made a promise to each other-" Richie cuts mike off with a rude tone. "Then let's un-make the promise!" He shouts. "Richie, other people are gonna die." Ben says . "Other people die everyday, man! We don't owe this town shit!" Richie argues.

"Plus, I just remembered I grew up here like two hours ago, so I'm fucking leaving! Fuck this!" Richie shouts, followed by Eddie. "Sorry, Mike. I'm with Richie." He says.

"Eds, please." Mike pleads. "Listen, What? We stay, we die. That's it? I'm gonna go back to the inn, I'm gonna pack up my shit, and I'm gonna drive to my home. I'm sorry, man. Good luck." Eddie says, tapping Mike's shoulder before walking back to his car.

"Eddie, please! Please, Eddie! Wait!" Mike calls out. Fleur sits quietly, trembling and looking down at her phone. The screensaver was a photo of her and Stanley just a few weeks ago when the neighbors invited them over for trivia night. Oh how she missed those days already.

"You, okay?" Ben asks, crouching down beside her. Fleur nods, turning off her phone. Beverly stands up beside the girl. "I'm gonna head back to the place too, are you coming?" Beverly asks, looking to Ben and Fleur.

"I'm gonna stay. I've got no where to go." Fleur replies. "Alright, we'll see ya." Ben says, getting up and following Beverly. "You should've told us, Mikey!" Ben calls out.

"Bill, please man." Mike says, turning to the last man there. "I'm begging you, please. Just listen to me, man. Please." Mike begs. "What do you want me to say?" Bill asks, slowly turning around.

"What can I possibly say that would make any kind of a difference. Most of them are gone." He says, glancing over at Fleur who was still sitting behind Mike. "Let me show you something. One thing! And if you wanna leave, you can leave!" Mike says frantically as he looks back and forth between Bill and Fleur. "Just let me show you this first. Please."

"I've got no where else to go. I'll come." Fleur stands up, walking up to Mike and standing beside him. "Fine. One thing." Bill says.