VII. You Let Me Die

"I think I better go

"I think I better go." Fleur sighs, getting up and looking to her brother. "Alright, talk later." Fleur smiles, leaning in for a hug. She looks up over Arthur's shoulder, noticing something peculiar. She gasps, dropping the book onto the floor.

Suddenly, Arthur completely disappears. Fleur looks over to the window, finding young Stanley pulling his way in. "I'm here!" The boy calls out, groaning as he finally enters. "Fleur? Who are you?" He asks, looking to the woman in disgust.

"It's me. It's Fleur." The blonde replies in shock. "You're not Fleur. You wanna know why? Fleur wouldn't have let me die." The curly headed boy says, backing away from her. "I didn't.. I didn't let you die. You didn't let me save you." Fleur sniffles, her heart beating out of her chest.

"You let me die! Now I'm dead! You'll be alone for the rest of your fucking life!" The boy screams, causing Fleur to break down into tears, leaning back onto the wall and sliding down, sitting and blocking her ears.

"Leave me alone!" She sobs. "I'll leave you. Just how you left me." Stanley concludes, then jumps out the window. Fleur closes her eyes, shutting them tight.

"Fleur! Fleur, are you alright?!" Arthur shouts, running over to his sister. "What happened?" Fleur asks confusingly, looking around the room. "You dropped your book and started crying. Do you need to stay here a little longer?" He asks her in worry.

"What's wrong, I heard screaming." Maya barges in. "I'm fine." Fleur lets out another shaky breath, then slowly gets up, walking past Maya out of the room. "I have to go. I'll call you." Fleur sniffles, then leaves.

•••••

Fleur arrives back at the Inn, finding Beverly who is sitting down on the stairs. "Hey, Bev." The blonde smiles, taking a seat next to her. "Did you find your token?" She asks the red head.

Beverly nods, looking down at a postcard that has a few blood stains. "An old letter from a secret admirer." Beverly smiles down at it. "Who do you think wrote it?" Fleur asks, looking over Beverly's shoulder and reading.

"Bill. We kissed the day before I left." Beverly smiles to herself. As Fleur reads, she regonizes one of the lines. "January embers.. didn't Be-" before Fleur can finish her sentence, Ben walks in. Fleur and Beverly look to Ben.

"Guys?" He calls. "Hey." Beverly responds quietly. Ben makes his way over, looking to the two. "I'm gonna head up to my room." Fleur says, holding on tightly to her book and quickly running up the steps.

Fleur enters her room. Just as she does, Richie walks past quickly. "Hey rich-"
"I'm leaving." He simply says, en the ring his room and beginning to pack. "Richie, you can't leave!" She calls out, following him, taking notice that Ben is also following. "Richie, you can't just fucking leave!" Fleur yells again.