XIII. Phone Call

"Come on, pick up

"Come on, pick up. Pick up." Fleur whispers to herself, walking around in her nearly empty home. She decided that it's too hard for her to live in this house and is now moving to live in with her brother in Derry until she can get her life back together.

"Hello?" The man on the other line responds. "Hey, Rich. It's Fleur. I know it's been a while, but I've got something super important to tell you." Fleur says, exhaling shakily.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" He asks. She takes in a deep breath. "At Neibolt, when I stayed back with Eddie, he spoke to me before he.." Fleur pauses.

"He told me to tell you something." She sighs, scratching the back of her head. "What? What did he ask you to tell me?" Richie asks curiously. "He told me to let you know that he loves you." Fleur quickly says, sniffling. "He did?" Richie says, crying on the other line too.

"Yeah." Fleur responds, smiling. Richie lets out a huff in happiness. "Thanks, Fleur." Richie smiles, holding the phone closely to his ear. "Anything for you, Rich." Fleur chuckles.

"Maybe I'll se you around." Richie says. "Yeah, for sure. By, Rich." Fleur says, hanging up and finally exiting the house, shutting the door for the last time.

Time to restart.