VI. Lie or Die

The losers all begin biking their way to the pharmacy

The losers all begin biking their way to the pharmacy. Ben has explained that Henry had found him and had beaten him up. On the way to the drug store, they wouldn't hear the end of Eddie's stammering.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right? My mom's friend in New York City got it just by touching a dirty pole on the subway. And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail!" Eddie shouts as they near the alleyway.

"And you can amputate legs and arms. But how do you amputate a waist? How do you amputate a waist?! You guys do know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS, right? You guys do know that?" He continues, dropping his bike as Bill helps Ben into a crate nearby.

"Hey, Eddie?" Fleur calls out, earning his attention. "I think your mom tells you too many things that don't really matter." She states, dropping her bike and hurrying over to Ben, crouching beside him.

"Ah, we're screwed." Bill mutters. "Richie, Fleur, wait here." Bill says, leading the others into the pharmacy around the corner. "Are you guys just gonna leave me with this kid!" She shouts. "Sorry! Try not to Kill yourself, alright?" Stanley sends her a sad smile. "I'll try my best." She replies, her lips curving upwards as her heart seems to melt.

"Glad I got to meet you before you died." Richie says, looking down at Ben. "Funny place for our first date, right?" Richie smirks, looking to Fleur, snapping her out of her trans. "Ha, you're funny." She rolls her eyes, leaning back onto the brick wall. "You haven't figured that out yet?"

Fleur chuckles, looking off to where Stanley had walked off just a few moments ago, a smile appearing on her face. "Oh, I see what's going on here." Richie smirks, causing the blonde to squint her eyes in confusion. "And what is that exactly?" She crosses her arms.

"You've got the hots for Stanley!" Richie shouts for practically the whole town to hear. Fleur quickly covers his mouth with her hand, glaring at him. After removing her hand, she turns around, checking if anyone was around. "I do not have the hots for Stanley." She replies.

"Then why'd you cover my mouth?" The four eyed boy continues to smirk. He can see it in her eyes. She is so hopeless. "So no one would get the wrong idea! Look, it was just one night, and it was a coincidence!" The girl argues, raising her voice.

"A very convenient coincide-" Ben cuts Richie off, watching the two bring their gazes to him. "I'm still here y'know." He states nervously, looking up to them. "Right.." Richie sighs, looking off to the side. "Sorry, Ben." The blonde adds, looking off to the other side and beginning to pace around slowly.