XIX. Back At The Old House

A few weeks later

A few weeks later

"Yeah! So then I ran into Richie later at the park. I asked him about Stanley and he says he hasn't been speaking to anyone much lately. The kid's still depressed." Adelia says, sighing. "I feel really bad. I mean, maybe if I see him again I could apologize. That is, if I have the courage."

"He's the one who should be apologizing to yo-" The girl's voice is cut off by a loud tap on the window. "Richie, What are you doing here?" Fleur asks, pulling open the window. "Oh, please. You should be used to this by now. Bill's down there. We need you. It got Beverly." Richie responds.

"You're kidding, right?" Fleur asks, slowly approaching the window. "Not joking. Come now. Addy, it's best if you don't come. You don't know what you're dealing with." Richie says, averting his eyes to the brunette. "But-"

Adelia is cut short by Fleur and Richie who say without hesitation, "No!" Fleur begins packing a bag, grabbing a metal water bottle. "What the fuck are you gonna do with that? I don't think you can just take a sip of water while we're there, Fleur." Richie rolls his eyes.

"It's a weapon." She responds, filling it up with water to make it heavier. "It's just more weight to carry around!" The boy argues, watching her place the cap. "I'll manage." She shrugs. "You're planning to beat the 'Eater of worlds' with a water bottle." Richie says, quite amazed. "No, she's not. Fleur you're fucking ridiculous. Go save your friend. I'll tell Arthritis you're feeling sick and not to go in your room. I'll head home." Adelia says, grabbing the water bottle and swinging the door open, shutting it quietly.

"Could've been a good weapon, but I guess not.." Fleur mutters under her breath, beginning to exit out the window. "Bill!" She smiles, running to him and giving him a huge hug. Bill wraps his arms around the girl, too worried for Beverly to even notice what was happening. "What happened?" Fleur asks, pulling out and looking to him with concern.

"Bev's in trouble. We're m-m-meeting the others on the way to Neibolt. No time to w-w-waste." Bill says, quickly getting into his bike and riding off. The two others followed shortly behind.

••••

All the losers meet up along the way, now biking alongside each other. Every now and then, Stanley would glance over at the blonde. This only made Fleur much more nervous as she could always feel his gaze on her, but was too afraid to face him.

They arrive at the house of nightmares, beginning to make their way up to the front porch. Fleur drops her bike at first, but as she watches Stanley places his on the stand, she quickly picks her bike up and does the same.

"Guys, spikes." Bill says, bending down and grabbing some out of his bag. Fleur walks a little ahead from Stanley, close enough to watch Eddie throw his fanny pack as far as he possibly could. Stanley watched the fanny pack fly, then looks over to his side, not being able to pry his eyes off of Fleur.

"Are you just gonna stare at me this whole time, Stan?" Fleur asks with a slight attitude, turning to face him. "Sorry.." The boy sighs, looking away down towards Bill. Richie bends down, picking up a glass beer bottle from the ground.

He mentally prepares himself, then smashes it on the wooden railing of the stairs. Unfortunately for him, the entity of the bottle shattered and was too small to use as a weapon. Fleur scoffs, slowly approaching him with her arms crossed. "Funny. Gonna beat the 'Eater of worlds with that bottle?'" Fleur mocks, smirking. "Bite me." Richie snaps back, glaring at the blonde.

"Maybe I will." She gets closer to the boy in attempt to intimidate him, although she was quite the opposite of intimidating. Stanley clears his throat, not so casually walking in between the two, blocking off any way of them speaking.

"Alright, lets go get Bev." Fleur sighs, beginning to make her way into the house. Little did they all know, they were being watched by the psychotic Henry Bowers, who had just killed his father.

Bill pushes the door open, letting the beams of light shine through the dust flying around in the air. Fleur lets out a cough, then shines her flashlight around, examining the eerie surroundings. Just two months ago they were here, and her and Stanley hadn't fought yet, and Beverly was safe.

"Stan?" Ben asks, turning around, looking to the curly headed boy who was clearly hesitant. The others turn around, looking to him sadly. "Stan, we all have to go. B-B-B-Beverly was right. If we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. But if we s-s-stick together, all of us, we'll win." Bill concludes, hoping he'd convince Stanley, although he didn't budge.

Bill lets out a sigh, then turns to Fleur. "What?" She whispers, turning to face him. He doesn't answer. He simply motions his head towards the tall boy, who was still frozen in place. "No way! I'm not talking to him. It's too awkward." Fleur says through gritted teeth. "He'll listen to you, Fleur. Go."
Bill says, and without warning, pushes her into the boy, causing the two to nearly fall down.

To avoid falling, Fleur places her hands on Stanley's chest out of instinct. As she quickly realizes where she was, she backs away, just enough to speak quietly and have him hear her.

"Look, Stan. I know we're not exactly on speaking terms right now, but this is really important. Beverly needs you, the other guys need you, I n-" Fleur stops herself, looking back at the others, who glare at her to finish up in response.

"If you don't wanna do it for Beverly, or for Bill, or Richie, or Eddie, or Mike, o-o-o-r Ben, do it... Do it for me." She stutters, feeling her eyes water. Stanley looks into her ocean blue eyes, then looks back down at the ground, careful to not trip as he enters the house.

"You see that? I can't believe Stanley's gonna get someone who loves him  before I do." Richie whispers, looking to Eddie. Eddie simply shrugs, following behind Bill.

Since Stanley was still very fearful and slow, Fleur stayed back with him, walking at his pace. "Thanks for coming in, Stan. We need to stay together, remember?" Fleur musters up the courage to speak to him.

"I know." The boy sighs, looking down at Fleur's hand, then back ahead of him as they make their way down the steps. "Hey, Eddie, you got a quarter?" Richie asks, looking down at the well. It's tip was red, possibly from blood. "I wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." Eddie trembles, shining his light down into the endless dark.

"How far down does that go?" Fleur asks, feeling chills run up her spine. It was quite cold in the house. "Beverly?" Ben calls out, only to have his voice echo throughout the well. "How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asks.

Bill shines his flashlight around, landing on a rope right behind them. "That." He points back, gaining the others' attention.

•••••

Bill climbs down first, holding onto the sturdy rope for dear life, then entering a départe hole beneath. Eddie goes next, bring assisted by Mike. "Who's next?" Mike asks, meeting his gaze with Fleur's.

"Fleur, wanna go?" He motions to the rope, waiting for her. "Yeah, thanks." She says, taking his hand and climbing up on the ledge, grabbing onto the rope.