XVII. Bar Mitzvah

July 13 1989
Stanley's birthday and Bar Mitzvah

 July 13 1989Stanley's birthday and Bar Mitzvah

"Fleur, calm down. We'll just say we're going to Chloe's party." Adelia says, tying the blonde's hair in a half up- half down way. "Yeah, And i'm dressed up all nice and you're dressed like usual." Fleur rolls her eyes, sighing.

"Fleur, you really shouldn't worry too much. We'll just say we're gonna stop by mine to get me ready. He won't know. He trusts you more now ever since I've come back." Adelia hands the blonde some mascara, which Fleur quickly applies. "Yeah, and I'm just gonna make all that trust disappear because of me wanting to go to Stanley's Bar Mitzvah."

Fleur spins around, putting the cap back on the mascara and giving her a friend a look. "Remember what Richie said? He said don't break that poor kid's heart. Now, are we done here? You're gonna be late." Adelia chuckles, grabbing the girl's arm and pulling her downstairs.

"Hey, Arthritis! We're going over to Chloe Garcia's party." Adelia calls out, running down the steps with the blonde. "Woah, Fleur. Don't you think you overdressed?" He asks, widening his eyes. "It's a formal party. We're gonna swing by my house so I could get ready." Adelia cuts in, smiling innocently.

"Alright, have fun then. Need a ride?" Arthur asks. "Nope! That won't be necessary. See ya!" Fleur quickly says, running out the door. "I'm not ready. I haven't seen Stanley in like two weeks and it's gonna be awkward and- I cant handle that-"

"Fleur! Stop being a dumbass bitch and get on the bike. I'll leave you once we get there." Fleur doesn't speak. She simply nods and gets onto her bike. It looked quite ridiculous. A girl dressed in a beautiful purple dress, riding her bike along the dirty streets of Derry, Maine.

••••

"Well, here we are, Ms. Uris." Addy smirks at her friend, causing the blonde to smack her arm. "You know what? I will fucking slap you." Fleur threatens, yet feels butterflies inside. "Go ahead. Your boyfriend's waiting at the door." Adelia points behind the girl. There he was. Stanley was standing right at the entrance, nervously standing and watching the blonde.

"Wish me luck." Fleur smiles, then waves goodbye to her friend. As she gets closer to the curly headed boy, she starts feeling more nervous. She stops right in front of him, standing quietly.

Stanley looks down at her purple dress for a moment, then clears his throat. "Hey- Hey Fleur." He greets nervously, his cheeks rosy. "Hey, Stan. I got you this. I mean, I've never been to one of these before so I didn't know what to get you. Happy birthday." She purses her lips, handing him a small book. The book was filled with little drawings of birds the girl had drawn based off memory and watching the birds outside.