X. Stanley?

The losers all stand around, staring down at the flame

The losers all stand around, staring down at the flame. "Grab hands." Mike instructs as the others follow. "The ritual of Chüd. It's a battle of wills. The first step is our reunion. The second is gathering the tokens. This is the final step." Mike says.

Right as he finishes, the fire burns out, leaving them in darkness. "What the..." Ben says in confusion. Suddenly, light appears above them, causing them all to look up. "Don't look at them!" Mike yells as the three lights appear, circling above them.

"Turn light into dark. Turn light into dark. Say it! Say it!" Mike shouts to the others. "Turn light into dark." They all chant repeatedly, shutting their eyes closed. "Turn light into dark!" Fleur exhales, holding on tight to Beverly and Ben's hand.

The lights from above extend down and reach the losers, blinding them even through their closed eyes. "Mike! What's going on?!" Fleur screams. "Just keep chanting." He yells back.

The fiery balls of light enter the artifact, quickly being shut by Mike. "Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark! Is it working? Did we do it?" Eddie shouts, slowly opening his eyes.

Suddenly, a red balloon begins growing out of the wooden artifact, blocking off Mike from placing the lid. "Mike, is this supposed to be happening?" Fleur asks, worried. "Mike, what's going on?" Richie adds.

"Keep chanting!" Mike yells again. "Turn light into dark!" They all cry out. After failing, the balloon grows much bigger, causing Mike to fall back. Fleur screams, backing away.

The balloon grows massive. The losers all squeeze out in between the spikes, getting as far as possible from the deadly balloon. Like an explosion, it pops, leaving a ringing in everyone's ears.

Fleur dizzily looks around, finding a flashlight and grabbing it. "You okay?" Ben yells towards the two girls, helping them up. Once their hearing returns, they all call out to mike.

"Mike!" Fleur shouts. "Im here!" Mike calls out, joining them. "Did we do it? Is that it?" Richie asks with hope. Beverly lightly taps her flashlight, then shines it up, faced with the clown.

They all jump, backing alway. "Did it work, Mikey? Did it work?" It taunts. "Tell then why your silly little ritual didn't work." It laughs.

"Tell them it's all just a.. what's the word- uh.. Gazebo?" It says, looking to Eddie. "Mike, what's he talking about?" Eddie asks. "Oh, Mikey. You never showed them the full side did you?"

The others curiously turn to Mike, confused. "You didn't want them to know what happened to the poor Shakopeewa." Pennywise continues. "Fuck, Mikey! You lied to us again?" Bill yells.