XXIII. Blood Oath

S E P T E M B E R

S E P T E M B E R

"I can only remember parts but.. I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us, all of us together back in the cistern, but we were older, like, our parents' ages." Beverly says.

"Wh-Wh-What were we all doing there?" Bill asks. "I just remember how we felt. How scared we were. I don't think I can ever forget that." She replies, shaking her head slowly.

Bill looks down at the grass, finding a small shard of glass hidden in between the shrubs. He picks it up, then stands over the others. "Swear it. S-S-S-Swear if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back, we'll come back, too."

The others look around hesitantly. Once Beverly gets up, they force themselves to follow. Bill cuts his own hand, then moves onto Richie.

Next was Eddie, who was comforted by Richie. When Bill cut into Mike's hand, the boy let out a groan, wincing in pain. "Shit." Fleur mutters under her breath as it was her turn. Bill takes her hand, cutting a thin line into it, then does the same to Stanley.

"You, alright?" Stanley asks, looking down at her bloodied hand. "Just peachy." She replies with a high pitched voice. Once Bill finishes with Ben and Beverly, he returns to his spot in the circle.

The losers all hold hands, causing the blood to drip down to the grass. They stand in silence for a moment, all trying desperately to hide their pain, then let go.

"I gotta go." Stanley states. "I hate you." He says, looking directly at Bill. It's silent for a moment, until Stanley smiles, lightening the mood. They all laugh, then wave goodbye. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Stan." Fleur says quietly, watching him leave. The others all stare at her for a moment, leaving them all in awkward silence. "What?" She asks.

"Follow him, dumbass." Richie says, motioning his hand towards the boy who was still slowly walking away. Fleur sighs, then looks over to Beverly. "I'll miss you." She smiles, pulling the red head in for a hug.

"I'll miss you too, Fleur. But go. He's probably waiting." Beverly replies. "Yeah, he's never walked that slow in his life." Eddie adds. "Alright. Bye, guys. I'll see you later." Fleur waves, then follows Stanley.

"Stanley, Wait!" Fleur shouts, causing the boy to turn around as she catches up. She stands in front of him, looking directly into his eyes. "You know when I told you that I don't wanna talk to you ever again?" She asks.

He nods nervously. "I lied. Stan, real feelings just don't go away. And what I'm feeling, is extremely real. I don't know if I like you or love you, but all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm with you." Fleur admits, her heart rate increasing.

Stanley doesn't reply, he simply lets his mouth hang slightly open. "And- maybe i deserve someone better, but I always wanted you. I don't care what Arthur or anyone else says. Look, like I said before, I'm not a happy person, but I'm good at pretending to be but.. When I'm with you, I don't have to pretend." Fleur felt like she could ramble on forever as Stanley wasn't answering. He was simply admiring her face at the moment. Her eyes, her freckles, her lips.

"And I don't really know how to say this but-" Stanley cuts the blonde off, lightly placing his lips onto hers. Fleur slightly places up her hand in shock, standing still.

The two kiss for a few seconds, then pull out, smiling. Fleur blushes, looking to the tall boy in front of her. She places her hand on his cheek, once more placing her lips onto his.

"I better head home. I'll see you tomorrow, Stanley." Fleur says as she pulls out, removing her hand from his cheek and heading off, leaving him dazed. This summer has been the worst summer ever." She chuckles nervously.

"Why? Because of the killer clown?" Stanley asks.  "No because it's a little humid- yes because of the killer clown!" She playfully rolls her eyes, ruffling his hair. "Now, I really gotta go."

"Bye, Flower!"

"Bye, Stan the Man!"