CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE NIGHTMARE AT CAMP

CHAPTER 21

NIGHTMARE AT CAMP

Author’s note: sorry it took so long for me to upload this chapter. If you want to know why I couldn’t, read the author’s note at the end of Chapter 20. Remember I do not own any PJO, HoO or HP.

Now, TO THE STORY!

                                                 ***

~*CAMP HALF-BLOOD*~

RACHEL’S POV

Since Percy and the others left camp, monsters have been trying to attack us more often. We’ve lost at least five campers since they went on the quest. Since I spoke the prophecy, I knew something was not right. There should be three per quest, but they are eleven. That’s not good.

          This prophecy is the first I’ve said since Apollo lost Delphi; I thought I wouldn’t be able to speak a prophecy ever again, and that I would be useless here at camp.

          But that’s nothing, which worries me the most is that Octavian is back from the death, he didn’t give us a lot of details, he just said that Hades –or was it Pluto?- let him back with the living so he could mend things he have done wrong. But I don’t quite trust him, let aside like him. Bryony, Nico and Hazel looked at him weirdly when he appeared next to Thalia’s tree; as if they knew something was wrong. But sadly, Chiron gave him a second a second chance, which basically avoided nearly all attempts to kill him, again.

          “Rachel? May I come in?” I heard a familiar voice saying from the cave’s entrance.

          “Sure, come in, Calypso” I said to the girl that has been keeping me company almost every day the last months.

          Calypso and Leo returned a month after Gaia died, euphoria was everywhere when we saw him. Leo’s “death” was one of the deaths that affected the most to the campers, and when he came back… well, let’s say that Piper wasn’t the only one that wanted to kill him for not telling anyone he was alive.

          “Earth calling Rachel!” Calypso shouted.

          “Sorry, I was lost in my own thoughts” I excused myself.

          “Yeah, I noticed. Anyway, Lacy, Nyssa, Juniper and I are going to a party Clarisse is having in an hour at Cabin 5, and we were wondering if you wanted to come” she said.

          “I’ll love to, Calypso; it’s been a while since I-“ I began saying, but a noise outside interrupted me.

We both ran outside and through the woods. The air was cold and sharp, I felt as if it was a sharp blade cutting my cheeks. Calypso ran at my side, her cinnamon hair was flying at her back, tied in a ponytail; her white shirt had branches attached to it and her jeans were ripped in her right knee; she almost looked like a normal teenager, almost, except for the power aura she radiated.

          We arrived to the line of the forest, every camper was there, and there were a few Romans too. They were all screaming and their faces showed terror. There was a woman flying up above the sky, half of her body was pearl white and the other was pitch black; she was wearing a golden dress but all her bones were exposed, from down here, I could see her cheek bones and collar bones.