CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO BROKEN GLASS

CHAPTER 22
BROKEN GLASS

~*HOGWARTS*~
BRYONY'S POV

Alexander said they were in DAM class, so they're probably in the Quidditch field. As I got closer, I heard battle screams and swords crashing. Just walking through the doors would be boring I thought. As I continued walking, I saw a black skeletal horse with leather like wings. I've heard students call them Thestrals. The Thestral got closer to me and ushered me to pet it and I did.
"Would you help me, my friend?" I asked the Thestral.
Yes
I heard a cold, low-pitched female voice. I looked around to see if someone talked but there was just the Thestral and me.
"Did you answered me?" I asked.
Yes ma'am
"Wow, I didn't know I could talk to Thestrals" I said petting the Thestral.
You can, Hades's our master, Lord Hades felt insulted when Poseidon, his brother, had Pegasus, who was an offspring of the sea with power in the air. Your father managed to create the first Thestral, the only problem was that everyone could see Pegasus but only the ones that have seen death could see us. We never liked the Underworld so we came to England some hundred years ago, the wizards accept us and no one question our existence. Once in a while, a descendant of Hades appears and talk to us.
"What's your name?" I asked her.
Scheletro
"That's a beautiful name. So, you're helping me, Scheletro?"
Just tell me what am I supposed to do.
And so I told her.

I called the shadows upon Scheletro and me. She decided I'll be her human. As we entered to the shadows, I casted more shadows to appear in the centre of the pitch. I was mounted in Scheletro by the time we got out from the shadows.
Our entrance made everyone be in shock. The fighting screams ceased and the swords' crashing stopped.
Scheletro trotted around some students and then stopped. I raised my black sword and shouted,
"That's an entrance" I said and students started clapping.
"Brie!" I heard various people yelling.
"Hey!" I yelled as Hazel, Annabeth, Piper, Reyna and the boys tackled me from Scheletro in a crushing-bones hug.
As I got free from their grip, I scanned the zone looking for my sister and I saw her with the Golden Trio and Ginny so I walked towards them with a little difficulty because Leo gripped my right leg and wouldn't let go so they didn't 'lose me' again.
I greeted the group and they all greeted me back with happiness and surprise, I asked them how they were doing and how was the dynamic of the Ball.
"Isabella, I have something for you, Rose gave it to me in the Underworld" I told her taking the little box with Isabella's name in it from the pocket in my jeans.
"Wait, you saw Mum? How is she? What's in the box?" She asked me.
"Yes, I saw our mother" I spat contemptuously the word mother with no affection for her, "she looks a lot like you but she's silver coloured, I really don't know what's in the box, I haven't opened mine either.
"What does it say on the top of the box?" My sister asked me.
"It says your name don't you see? I-S-A-B-E-L-L-A" I said pointing at each letter.
"Sis, it's written in Greek" she told me.
"Oh, really?"
I gave Isabella her box and she opened it. She took out a necklace with a locket that had something in Greek written in it. οικογένεια it means family in Greek, she opened it and in one side of the locket there was a moving picture of Isabella and I and in the other side there was something else written, it said my name, Bryony.
I opened my box and there was nothing so I put my hand into the box and plunged my hand until I touched something cold, it was some kind of metal, I took it and started pulling. The box looked small, but I guess that magic does this kind of things. As I stopped pulling, I had in my hand a silver bow, in the handle it said Ισαβέλα. I put my hand into the box once more and felt a quiver so I took it out, οικογένεια είναι για πάντα, family is forever it said. It was beautiful, there was a paper attached to one arrow. This was written in English so my dyslexia didn't aloud me to read it so I passed it to Harry to read it.
"Family is forever, do not forget each other, ever. Love from Mum" Harry said and he hugged Isabella and I.
Reyna asked the people missing to do the exam to stop talking and focus in the activities so my English friends and sister needed to go.
"Hey, princess!" I heard a voice call.
"Hey Draco" I called back.
"Since when you're in first name basis with me, Shadow?" He asked me.
"Since when did you started calling me Shadow?" I asked back.
"Well, you were almost consumed by a shadow so I thought that name suites you" he said smirking.
"Yeah, I guess you're right. I started calling you Draco when I heard you lost against Reyna" I said smiling.
"Very funny. Who're you going to the Ball with?" He asked me.
"With Alexander, Will Solace's brother" I told him.
"I was going to ask you, you know? But you disappeared and when you returned you were almost dead so I asked Pansy" he said passing his hand through his hair.
"So you changed me for Pug faced Parkinson?" I asked faking being angry.
"Hey, don't pout!" He said, "hey, I wanted to ask you something. Could you teach me to use a sword properly?" He asked and I nodded.
I took a grip to my black sword and started teaching.

After the sword lesson with Draco, I was swimming in my own sweat and so was Draco.
"Shit!" Draco said suddenly in our way to the Great Hall.
"What?" I asked him.
"I forgot to buy new formal robes!" He said.
"Holly Zeus! I haven't got a dress!" I said.
"Do you want to go to Hogsmade?" He asked me.
"I don't have any wizarding money, I only have drachmas" I said, "Plus, I need to take a shower first".
"Don't worry, I'll lend you some galleons. Go take a shower and we'll meet in the Hogwarts gate in half and hour.

I was ready five minutes before the thirty minutes dressed in Winter clothes since I regretted using only a tank top and a jacket before. I was wearing a long sleeve black shirt with a grey sweater on top And on top of the sweater I wore a silver winter jacket, a white winter hat and white gloves. The blue jeans weren't very hot but they were warm and black combat boots.
"So you're cold, Flowers?" I heard Draco from behind.
"Yes, this is even colder than New York" I said, looking that he was wearing only a black jacket on top of a turtleneck sweater, and a winter hat.
"Let's go" he said and we went to Hogsmade.

When we arrived to Hogsmade, we went to The Three Broomsticks, there were some other students there, chatting and drinking butterbear. We found a table and Draco went for his butterbear and a hot chocolate for me. Mrs. Rosmerta was passing by and stopped next to me.
"You're Minerva's daughter, aren't you?" She asked me.
"No, McGonagall's not my mom, Isabella is my half-sister" I said, "My name is Bryony Flowers" I shook her hand.
"American, right?" She said.
"Is it that obvious?" I asked her laughing.
"Your accent" she said nodding with her head and I laughed, "here comes your Prince Charming" she said pointing at Draco who was coming back.
"What? No! Draco's just my friend" I said feeling hot in my face.

After we finished drinking, we went to a branch of Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions here at Hogsmade.
"Hello dears, are you looking for something for tomorrow's ball?" Asked an old lady with purple hair and pink eyes.
"Yes Madam..." Draco said.
"Greysight, dear, Spring Greysight, I'm a Metamorphagus" Madam Greysight said changing her hair to a bubblegum pink and then again to purple.
"I'm going to look at the dresses Draco, you go with Madam Greysight for your robes" I told him.
I looked at several dresses and three got my attention. The first one was black with long sleeve and had a part in the back without fabric shaped as a heart. The second one was emerald green with silver, it was strapless and had silver jewels that were pasted in the skin over the left shoulder and in the back, it was quite beautiful. The third one was simpler, it was a lilac dress with one sleeve.
I decided to try the green first, as I put it on, I noticed that I didn't know how to attach the jewels to my skin. I went to ask Madam Greysight.
"Madam Greysight, could you help me with this?" I asked.
I looked at Draco, he was wearing a black robe with a white bow, he looked quite handsome.
"Wow, you don't look bad, Shadow" he said.
"You look quite good yourself, Malfoy" I said.
"You need to tap five times with your wand where you want to put them, Ms. Shadow?" She said.
"Oh no, my name's not Shadow, that's a nickname he made for me, my name's Bryony Flowers" I said.
"Wait, you are Rose Flowers's daughter?" She asked.
"Yes, why?"
"Oh, dear, I knew your mother and his father many many years ago, in fact, I was going to marry Sebastian Flowers but they had to flee from the country to America and I never saw them again" said Madam Greysight showing me the ring she had in a chain, "anyway, are you going to take the dress?" She asked and I nodded.
"How much is it, Madam?" Draco asked.
"It would be thirty galleons in total but as I see you could have been my granddaughter, Bryony, I'll leave it just in fifteen galleons, dears" she winked at us.
Draco payed and I asked him if we could go to the candy shop there was in Hogsmade. There, I bought a sugarquill and chocolate cauldrons for Isabella's birthday, which was tomorrow.
Draco and I returned to Hogwarts and he went to the Slytherin common room and I went to the Argo.

When I got to the Argo's deck, I was received with a party of angry and bruised demigods with swords and spears in their hands.
"What did the bloody hell happened to you?" I asked.
"Harpies attacked like two hours ago" said Percy lowering Riptide.
They told me what happened and I was amused, Harpies almost never attacked.
"I'm going to my room" I said and went down to my room, when I entered, I saw it was made a mess and there was something that I stepped on and it broke. I saw it was a photo of Nico, Hazel and me in Percy's birthday. There was broken glass everywhere and an arrow attached in the back of the door with a note.
War will end you, one
way or another

I'm so sorry for not updating in so long, I lost my inspiration but now it's back and I'll try to update more often. I love you all my readers!!