Chapter 1

A/N Just wanted to add this in again in case you didn't read in the description and I don't want anyone to get triggered by it ❤️:
This is a Warning! of Sexual Violence in the later half of this chapter containing rape and sexual abuse. Please be Advised if you are sensitive to said content. I suggest you skip over it or not even continue with this book at all, I'll understand. This content is only written here and revisited in chapter 14. Sorry and I love you all for taking the time to read!

The world outside my own is odd. Everyday when I have my alone time, I like to look out the window and watch. Some servants may pass by or I'll see some clouds float over the tops of the evergreen trees. There is much I don't know about what lies beyond this estate. It bothers me to wonder where these white, frozen droplets of water called snow come from. Why does it not stay all the time? Right now, it looks like the snow is gone and green grass has sprouted up once again. The snow seems to accumulate for a while then melt away as it warms. Flowers and leaves grow back then fall off one day only for the snow to come back. A cycle, like many things in this life, they have cycles. What makes it all happen? Why does this happen? I want to know.

One thing that my Master tells me, since I was young, is that I have a gift. That I was lucky to be born with said gift because it is so rare and to even have and use it now is harder than it used to be. For what reason I have no idea. My Master told me that people have come from far and wide to admire me, not to fear me or laugh at me. Each show I would have a different act, "The girl with the scales of a lizard!" Or "The half fox half human girl!"

I wasn't allowed to shape shift during a show because my Master didn't want people to know what I had. They don't know what I actually am, whatever that meant, and they never will.

Growing up in the circus has introduced me to a lot of different and remarkable people. I was able to make good friends with the other performers and I learned a lot from them since Drakon never taught me anything important.

I know they aren't my real family but they were the closest thing to that. Even though I haven't seen them in a few years, I still think about them once in a while. They were kind to me and made jokes with each other that I wish I was still a part of.

As for my name, I do not know it. I don't know how old I am or who my real parents are. All I know is, is that I've been a slave to Drakon, my Master, for as long as I can remember. He won't tell me how I became his or why. I asked one of the older members if they knew how I came into his possession and she told me that Drakon's father found me. Once he passed, the ownership of his businesses and estate fell to Drakon. If you had enough money, you were able to buy people or take them and put a binding spell on them so they can't run away. I tried to run and when I got to a certain distance, my legs stopped working. I couldn't move until my Master was near. It didn't take me long after that to figure out the binding contract between us.

When I was old enough, Drakon let me perform in his circus for a while. But about 2 years ago he moved me into his estate. To keep track, I scratch down the days on a hidden spot on the wall and count how many times the sun has come up and down. The first snow comes around the same time of year, so I tally how many times this happens between each cycle. 345 to 366 days are in one cycle.

Since my first count when I was about 10, 8 cycles have passed. I was 18 years when I started doing the private shows for older gentlemen with certain interests. These shows aren't like the ones I performed in the circus, the only exception was that I still shape shifted. Drakon called it a more intimate act where the men touch me where ever they pleased. Those are the rules. Only one man would attend in these private shows at a time and it took place in a small room with a bed and couch. I asked, pleaded, to be back in the circus but Drakon refused to let me, he said I was too valuable doing this. I must have become a certain age where I was desirable to men and I began to see it in the way they acted.