Chapter 14

His cool eyes gaze down at my bare exposed body, his all too familiar foul stench surrounds my nose as he leans in closer. I'm tied to the bed at the wrists and ankles so I'm unable to move but I try to get away before he takes advantage of me. His tongue grazes my neck running from my collar bone up to my jaw then behind my ear. My skin shivers to his touch. No, no not again.

I try again pulling at the rope hoping that it'll come loose. My breathing has become raged as he lightly drags a long boney finger across my waist over the navel. The walls are closing in, I can't breathe, someone help me. Get me out, get me out. Elyse help me, you knew what was going to happen. Why did you let him do this. My cursed legs try to close as he comes near my hips but they are tied too far apart leaving them open.

"My darling Amelia. I am going to take pleasure in making you mine once again." He says with a wide grin then he leans back and starts undoing the buttons of his pants.

I look up, not wanting to see him naked but there's a mirrored ceiling above me and I see my body tied up, exposed with him over me. It's not me, I don't look like myself, I look like Amelia. Sebastian's mother. Magic didn't change me, I don't feel it. I am her.

No... I writhe against the ropes. My wrists protest as the material digs in until they bleed. Please! I cry out straining to break free. I have to get out, to break free because I can't let this happen again. Help me! Someone please! Divine help me... I should have cried out before. I should have fought back.

He laughs at my failed effort, at my pain then leans back down holding me at my waist gripping tightly. "You are mine!"

I scrunch my eyes shut as the tears flow down my cheeks. I couldn't fight him off... Can't do it now. I'm weak, I'm nothing. The darkness becomes me, surrounding every bit of light that was in the room. Devouring it with every heaving breath I take until I am no more, a part of that darkness. A shadow.

"Cam!"

He used me and will continue to use me. He took my innocence, ripped it away from me, made him his thing. A puppet. Forever his. He is still out there and will find me. He's going to find me, he's going to find me.

"Cam! Wake up!"

"Good Heavens!"

I whimper, keeping my eyes closed. "Please stop. Please." Leave me alone, leave me alone. Stop touching me...

There are strong hands on my shoulders and they shake me too roughly. "Cam it's me." He says gruffly.

The words are choked off in my throat. I'm drowning but he speaks again. His tender words pull me back up to the surface.

"You had a nightmare. You are in the castle, you're safe... Open your eyes and look at me." He tells me this time calmly. That voice is younger, gentler. Nothing like Hearthgrim's.

Another sob escapes me as he holds me, one hand is placed on the side of my head. Everything is still dark. Where am I? I open my eyes seeing the King and his housekeeper staring back. A candle from the hallway and the one Maude holds are the only sources of light in the room. The shadows seep away back to the void.

Sebastian sits at the side of the bed next to me while Maude stands at the foot. Hearthgrim is nowhere to be seen. I'm under my covers and my feet and wrists aren't tied down. A dream? A dream...

"It's okay Cam. You're okay." Seb tells me while petting my hair. My eyes don't fall to him, instead they stay on the door.

Maude comes to the other side holding up her arm to my forehead. "Poor thing, you have a fever and are covered in sweat." She says, pulling her hand away and grabs some fabric of my nightgown. It clings to my body as she peels a piece away.