Chapter 13

"Okay." I blurt out without even thinking. "Oh wait I don't have a gown to wear to it." Why did I agree? I am not even prepared to attend something like that.

Sebastian raises a brow when he turns his upper body to me. "I can buy you one or have a gown specially made if you like. We do have seamstresses here."

My mouth opens, he is really willing to do that? Not knowing what to say I shut my mouth and shift in my seat. He is too kind to invite someone like me to a special event like that. "Are commoners even allowed to the King's ball?"

"There have been some occasions that commoners were invited to balls, like friends of the king or family of the captains and lieutenants. But since my father passed, my uncle has not allowed anyone inside the castle except for trusted Lords and other high ranking nobles."

If that's so, why am I an exception then? "So who will I come as since I am only a servant?" I ask with a growing frown.

He waves a hand, blowing a huff of air. "You are coming as my friend, no one will notice you if you sneak in. Nobles are usually caught up in their own world anyway. If that's not enough; it's my birthday. I can invite whoever I please."

Won't they see us once we start dancing together? "Okay..." I chew on my lip watching him closely. I hope I don't get into trouble for going. I definitely don't want to cause any problems for Sebastian but he is King. What, or who I should say, would challenge him on who he invites? It is his birthday after all. I am just worried that the nobles will notice me and judge me... A hand slides on top of mine and squeezes it gently causing me to look up into deep blue eyes.

He gives me a small smile before letting my hand go. "Stop thinking about it and do not worry."

I sigh. "Fine." Then look down and chew on my lip again and Seb chuckles.

"I mean it, don't worry about it."

I roll my eyes up. "Yes, Your Majesty. I won't think about it now."

"Good." He says with a laugh and turns his body away from me and stands. "Now as for the matter of your dress."

I glance up and he is staring down at me with a smile. "Are there gown shops in Adelaide? Am I going by myself?" I ask because I don't want to go alone as for I have never bought a gown on my own.

"Yes," He says with a lazy nod. "There is one up near the King's Square. We can go tomorrow since it is your day off."

I look at him with widening eyes and stand up. "We?" He doesn't mean me and him going gown shopping does he? By the way he is smiling, he answers my question.

"What? You wanted to go with someone else?" He asks, tilting his head to the side with hands on his hips.

"Well no... I just didn't expect you wanting to come that's all." I don't know who else he would have elected to come with me but I am glad that it is Sebastian coming along.

"Of course I would come. We can go bright and early when the shop opens then. I have been itching to get out of the castle too."

My gaze turns to him. Why does he want out so badly? Shouldn't he be able to come and go as he pleases? "Sounds like a good plan."

"Excellent!" He says clapping his hands together with a beaming smile.

He steps around me about to leave but I ask him what type of fish those are and he tells me they are Koi fish. They are very pretty.

Seb stops to watch me take a closer look at the fish. They drift gracefully through the dark water. When I peek up to him, his eyes are downcast.

"What's wrong?" I ask standing up.