Chapter 10

It says that I was born with magic? How did Drakon figure that out to begin with? I need to know more. Where did I come from, how did Drakon even find me. Did his Father meet my parents and kill them? Was I a slave when I was a babe?

When he's finished he gazes up at me and places all the pages together and closes it. "You told the truth and this does explain most of my questions." He shakes his head running a hand through his hair again. His face is ridden with guilt. "I hope you can forgive me and must understand that I had to be careful. To be cautious even with you... I didn't mean to deceive you." 

"I know." I say quietly, nodding my head. Don't trust anyone, as Elyse had told me. My hands weave together in front of my stomach. Just by the sound of his voice and the way he looks at me, I know he wanted to trust me but couldn't and for good reason.

His kind eyes watch mine and a smile twitches at the corner of his lips. "I wanted to believe you were honest but I am glad that you aren't here to kill me." Another pause. "I do want to hear it from you though, Cam. Are you really magic born?"

My mouth drops open slightly as he stares me down again. By the divine stop staring at me like that! He can never look away first. It's like I'm looking at a stone wall. What does he want to hear? He has said everything about me. I answer with a quiet 'yes' but that doesn't seem to satisfy him.

He leans closer, our gazes still holding as he says. "What magic do you know?"

My hands twist together. Oh... Okay here goes... This time I hold his stare and I see that he's starting to smile. "I can shape shift."

"So..." He begins with a frown. "You used magic to get up on the wall and to make you look younger?"

"Um... Yes, I did."

"Wow!" He bursts out, which makes me flinch and he walks around the room. "I can't believe this! This is amazing!" There's a huge grin on his face when he turns to me. "I had my suspicions but I still can't believe this! You are magic born, an Azure! I knew it! You don't use any Zythine to power you! Thank you Divine Immortals!" He yells with his head turned up to the ceiling.

Okay he is starting to scare me and he's being loud... I get up and slowly approach him. "Sebastian calm down please."

"Right, sorry. Just one more thing!" He wraps his arms over my upper body and picks me up and spins us around. "700 years! Almost 700 years since we have seen the last Fae or Azure." The world starts spinning and he puts me down but he grips my shoulders. "Cam you can be the bridge between us. We can have peace again."

"Wait what?" When he lets go of me I step back. How could I do that?

He holds a hand up to his chin and rubs it. "You can help seal the wall so no more enemies can get through then we can venture to Stone Vale." The man starts pacing back in forth across my room in thought.

"Sebastian.." Too fast. He is going too fast and I have no idea what he is talking about.

"Maybe you'll be able to open the heart then we can find the Fae again. Use you as an ambassador for our people. Right all the wrongs our predecessors did. We should probably keep this quiet though but we'll have to inform someone we can trust. Nez he can be trusted."

No, no way is he telling anyone else about who I am, what I am. And what's this talk about opening a heart? What's an ambassador? I shake my head in frustration. This is why I didn't want to tell him, it's already getting out of hand. He's not listening to me. No one ever listens to me. I grab the collar of his shirt, having enough.

"Sebastian!" I scream as loud as I can. To my surprise he stops and for a moment I thought I had startled him with the way his eyes widen. "Sorry. Just slow it down please..." I say quietly, letting go of his now ruffled shirt.