Introduction

In the big city of New York, it's kill or be killed. The streets are filled with blood and the smell of fear oozing from the pores of its citizens. The reason? Italy's largest Mafia organization has set its sights on American soil via The Costello family.

Lead by Angelo and Vinni Costello, sons of Frank and Wilma Costello, they're out to show just how powerful they truly are. Although the pair lead as equals everyone fears Angelo for his cold and brooding demeanor. He enjoys the thrill that comes from watching the life drain from a person's eyes, while his brother, Vinni seems to be more laid back and focuses on the business side of the organization.

As the family recks havoc over the city, the FBI begins to expand its resources, one of which includes Serenity Jones. Previously working as a detective for the NYPD, she lands a job as one of two intelligence analysts at the organization through a recommendation from the governor.

She is thrusted into a whole new level of crime as she begins working to stop the Costello family. As she begins making headway into the case, she runs into the notorious Angelo Costello. What should have been her death leads to a night of passion.

As one night spirals into every other day, Serenity questions her devotion to her job and everything she'd built herself upon. Will she stay with Angelo and throw away all she's worked for? Or will she snap out of it and protect her state?

Read on to find out!
—————